Working Line GSD convert Working Dogs

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Moobli, Feb 12, 2012.

1. scout75

scout75

Name:
    scout
    I haven't ever measured Kofi (need to hunt out a tape measure!) - he isn't big, he is slightly smaller than my showline but more solid. He weighs 39kg.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Loving this thread! The dark sable WL have always been a favourite for me and hope to own one someday!

And Zak is just incredibly stunning, probably one of the best looking dogs i've seen.. he makes my heart melt a little bit lol!
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Azz - I love that whole set of photos that my friend took that day on the beach :007:
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

More lovely photos :007: Could it just be that the weather was a bit dull?

We are starting formal obedience at the beginning of next month, so I am going to do my 8 week course and then contact the WT club to see if we can start :grin:
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I haven't had him weighed and measured, but will get the tape measure out! He is quite a big lad though - he is taller than Yogi, and will possibly be stockier when fully mature too.
  7. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thank you STGSD! :grin: I hope you get your own dark sable WL some day too :grin:
  8. CharleyMaddison

CharleyMaddison New Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Pls guess mine too ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Great thread and lovely pics everyone! :D
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Is she a Foxfold? If so, she is English Obedience lines :mrgreen: Very nice she is too :007:
  11. CharleyMaddison

CharleyMaddison New Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Her kennel club name is Elara Europa, her dam is Foxfold Narcissus and sire Wardens Woody of Rockforce. So English obedience lines on mums side, I wonder about dads?:?
  12. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    A quick glance at his pedigree would suggest mainly pet (longcoat) lines on the dad's side with mainly West German showlines a few generations back. Wildmoor is the expert on lines and pedigrees though, so I am sure she will correct me if I am wrong ;-)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  13. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I started a thread about it here: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?p=2462275#post2462275 :mrgreen:
  14. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Sorry for the delay Azz, I measured Zak yesterday and he is 62cms. I haven't weighed him yet, but will let you know what he weighs when I do :grin:
  15. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Have you had a chance to measure Kofi yet, Fi? I would be interested to know how tall he is compared to Zak.
  16. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    That's quite a nice height - he looks taller in the photos (tho I prefer his actual height :))
  17. scout75

scout75

Name:
    scout
    I'm a bit dumb when it comes to knowing how to measure :)blush: ) - I measured from the floor to the top of his shoulder? And it was 63 cm...
  18. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever New Member

Name:
    Robyn
    Love Zak... :007: :007:
  19. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    That is what I do, although not to the top of the shoulder but to the top of the shoulder blade iykwim. They are probably very similar height then. I thought Zak was quite tall (he is taller than Yogi) but then Yogi has short legs :lol: :lol: :lol:
  20. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    he only as a couple of West German showline in his 4th gen, its predominately pet breeding untill you get back to 6th then a few more lines of West German and a few Shadowquad dogs/bitches
  21. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    As a pet dog at home etc, what are the main differences in temprament between the w/l and s/l gsds?