Wolf dog shot in head General Chat

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    You obviously haven't read my website and what needs to be done for the NI type dog.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Had I been his breeder i.e you what I would have done is pick him up myself and care for him myself. Take him to the vets and give him a chance with medication. If I had been his breeder money wouldn't have come into it. I would have done everything I could to give the dog a decent life as is the breeders responsiblilty.

Unfortunately you didn't do this. You let Marie have to post on a forum about help to collect him. Why didn't you do it?

Obviously I don't know whether he was given a chance or not, but I do believe that epilepsy can be controlled and do not in my own opinion beleive that either Bailey or Hunter were given that opportunity.
  4. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Not being funny Sandra but tried the nice approach and they slated me, my dogs and my kids, for asking genuine questions.
  5. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Marie, it isn't a trick question - did you take him from Sandra? Her post suggests this:

"Then shortly afterwards his brother started having cluster fits and I would have had him pts as well (its impossible to keep an epileptic dog with a pack - as the whole nature of the pack changes and they will attack it). Marie said she wanted to give it a try, but she wasn't aware of what she was letting herself in for and wouldnt take my word for it - it was something she had to learn for herself."
  6. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    No she picked him up from the owner to give it a try - rather than have me pick him up and take him to the vet. I admire Marie for trying but I knew that she wasn't fully aware of the consequences and sometimes the only way to learn is through your own experience.

She did give him a few weeks of fun though and when I went to see him he was very happy.
  7. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Yes, you can say that again.
  8. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I have actually but why not spay and neuter all NI's that are in your care, charlies care etc and then let them live out there natural lives and concentrate on another breed thats what i dont understand.
    It is always being claimed NI's are ticking time bombs so why keep using them weither its to cross or not, surely if all NI's are that bad you wouldn't even consider crossing one and then bringing potential problems into the crossbreed?
  9. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Seems to me they want the temperament and nature of the NI with the health of the saarloos.
  10. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Thats very sweet of you - but from that post it is clearly obvious you have no experience of epilepsy in dogs nor the affect of having a dog fitting with other dogs in the vicinity. Even stabilized on medication, as LS will tell you, they still have periods of fitting and the medication needs to be adjusted. If that were to happen when I wasn't on hand I can guarantee that the pack would have ripped that dog to shreds - would that have been fair on the dog?

No breeder likes to see any dog pts - but sometimes, getting back to Charlie now - you can't let your heart rule your head and you have to make objective decisions.
  11. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Excuse me but I did ALL i could for that dog, how DARE you say otherwise! Do you know my situation... No! I asked TIDA for help, did they give it... NO! they wanted Bailey PTS straight away without giving him the chance I gave him!

Sorrry I dont see how that suggests she had Bailey before I did, his story, os at least some of it is on my website foe all to see.
  12. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    But nothing is certain it may not work out like that and it is rather hypocritical to whinge about the NI then use them anyway :roll:
  13. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Yes I saw. Unfortunately no one told me that was kicking off and I didn't arrive until too late.
  14. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    with her argument, wouldn't it just make sense to start from the beginning? husky to mal, huskamute to gsd? then you can be sure that any problems you throw are your own...or do you enjoy using other's as an easy scapegoat? "Well, that one has problems because 15 generations ago, she was malek"
  15. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Bailey was in a pet home and I had kept Hunter, his brother, for myself.
  16. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    So are you suggesting we neuter ALL NI's? or do we outcross and improve the situation?
  17. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra

Eureka!!!!! You have it - go to the top of the class!
  18. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    It just screams of the whole NIS and JK thing with Charlie. Soon as I asked questions they packed up and got nasty and personal. If you are selling to the public then you will come under scrutiny especially where animals are concerned.
    Why is it all with the wolfie breeds, I tell my friend who has springers and she doesnt believe me that its this bad.
  19. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I can confirm that Loki suffers from clusters that are severe enough that we have to use rectal diazpam to reduce the severity of the fits and the cluster.

I asked because she stated that she would have had him pts because the pack would have had him - but you wanted to take him ... it suggests that she had him. It doesn't matter, really, I was just curious.
  20. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Your not improving the situation it just makes yet another breed that has no use apart from looking pretty, so yeah if its that terrible and you are intent on helping the breed why not spay and neuter instead of making things worse?
  21. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    If its the temperament and nature of the NI and health of the Saarloos what would be the desired look.......NI or Saarloos.
    Must say I do love the look of the Saarloos.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.