White NI's General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by claudeen, Aug 12, 2008.

1. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    If you want to know more about NI's and the SOP's then why not go to the Northern Inuit Society home page as the breed stranderd is there for all to see.
    [Link removed]

Valerie

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. running cloud

running cloud New Member

Name:
    Maggie
    I always call this their widows peek! Sorry but thats what it reminds me of my Tala (NI) had one just the same but as she has grown it has faded to a faint outline.Stunning looking dog "Greyhawk" Is this one of your babies?
  4. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Yes :) It's my boy in my avatar (just a closer shot of his cap). One of of my others has a cap, but with a star and the other a full mask so I just used him to demonstrate what a cap was :)
  5. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Greyhawk is gorgeous!!! My partner was on the Island of Ulva where there is a Malamute called Sig and what a beautiful boy he is!!!

6. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Thank you :) His name is actually Finn (Greyhawk is just my username :) ) - I think he is lovely too :mrgreen: (but i'm slightly biased ;-) ).
  7. claudeen

claudeen New Member

Wow Greyhawk, your boy is absolutely gorgeous. That picture explains it really well thankyou:grin:
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Cheers for that GH. :grin:
  9. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Cap makes sense. I always thought that a widows peak was like a monobrow, like this (shown on a utonagan)

[​IMG]
  10. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    How many white NIs are there on the NIS breeding programme including studs and bitches?
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Are you interested in the whites particularly KCjack ?
  12. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Yes just the whites?
  13. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Must say I love the whites too KC!!! They are stunning aren't they!!! Just looking at Lola and she is the "wolfiest" looking NI I've seen. Also love the grey silvers,
    Valerie

14. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Yeah, I think it is about personal choice. I am a huge Lola fan xxxxxxx
  15. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Hi Claudeen
    Know what you mean about the independence as my first Beardie got older she got deafer but would still trundle off in a straight line with no thought to where I was going.

This is the definition of capped in rats

The colour not to extend past the ears and to follow the line of the lower jaw bone, it should not extend under the chin. A white blaze or spot on the face, and the rest of the body white. Colour to conform to a recognised colour variety. White area should be pure and devoid of yellowish tinge and staining.
    Genetics: hehe possibly hhehms
  16. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    If you are interested then why not join the NIS? Are you a breeder KC or want to breed in the future?
    Valerie

17. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I did and got kicked of for asking questions so ask them here instead, was just curious how many registered breeding whites there are.
  18. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Not sure how many whites are used for breeding. There are two bitches that i know of that are not old enough yet. At least one white stud dog that i know of as well.

TBH there are not that many whites out there in total including pups i know of about 10 white NI . . .
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  19. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    I ask many questions as I am a complete Novice when it comes to dogs, it doesn't sound like the NIS to throw people off the forum for asking questions??? Sorry I can't answer your questions as I'm not a breeder and wasn't looking for breeding stats. If your wanting to breed why not ask the breeder of your Dam as they should mentor you and guide you throughout your breeding programme,
    Valerie

20. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie

and here is baby Andrew to demonstrate :)

[​IMG]
  21. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    What a sweet little boy!