Utonagans and Northern Inuits ????? Purpose ! Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Malady, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwww lovely pic TW.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I am scanning some in at the moment to put on the dog club site LS, so they will be up in a bit if you want to go and see them.
    Does anyone else want to see some more piccies? If they do I will open a new thread of the photos section.
  4. Scottish Mags

Scottish Mags

Name:
    Margaret NI Society
    Yes Please
  5. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian
    Love the pics, all good examples of well socialized dogs... and beautiful dogs at that. More pics the merrier :)
  6. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Ok, am just doing it on the Ute Dog Club site and then will open a new thread of here - after all we mustn't hi jack this well-intentioned thread must we:lol:
  7. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Exactly, same here. I was not around 20 years ago when the breed was created I don not know everything on the breed I am just doing my best to try & help awnser to the best of my limited knowledge yet seem to be getting penalised for it. If my awnsers don't come up to scratch then ask the societies & their founders they I am sure will be able to give much better & fuller awnsers & perhaps highlight many of the points I have probably missed out.
  8. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I've seen them - stunning! :grin:
  9. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    thanks LS!!
  10. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Yes more piccys, I love piccys.
  11. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Lovely pix guys... Kira is just beautiful!
  12. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Call me a bit thick :grin: but I've never actually understood how pastoral & utility groups work:blush: .

Anyway in awnser to that I don't know why not utility, I just assumed a breed created from all working breeds would make a dog a working breed especially if it is a dog capeable of working & carrying out specific jobs (I don't know not very knowledgeable in that area, I could very well be wrong) again why not contact the society about that they I am sure will be able to explain why they chose working.
  13. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie

It's not thick :)
    Pastoral dogs tend to be those who have worked with livestock - herders, flock guards etc ..... the utilities are those who don't really fit elsewhere lol and those perhaps designed as companions which is as valid a job as any other ....

I don't think the society chooses a group ..... didn't SWD want to be pastoral and end up as gundogs? (Joy of versatility LOL)???
  14. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate

Ah right, thanks for that. (You learn something new everyday)!
  15. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    as there have been a couple of piccies showing off how gentle mals (gorgeous pic!) and ni's are and also one ute...i thought i would show how good they are even as puppies! these are two ute pups playing with their kittie friend...it may look like they want to pounce...but even after id taken the pic, they carried on gently sniffing him...he looks less impressed
    [​IMG]
  16. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kitty looks like he's about to get up and bop those two mischievous little Utes on the nose for disturbing his sleep.

That is a truly great pic!
    :grin:
  17. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Great pic Insomnia.. i love the look on the cat`s face.. i think LS hit the nail on the head.. LOL
  18. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    somehow the mental image of a Ute being 'pastoral' and guarding a flock doesn't fit in with my 2!!! Maybe Utility or Working would be good.
    They are great Pat dogs and also we have some owners with autistic children and they are really patient and kind with them.
  19. PurpleJackdaw

PurpleJackdaw New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Gorgeous pic Insomnia :grin:
  20. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Ive seen that face (kitty) before, I think Tikaani still has the scratch on his nose. :lol:
  21. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Is that a fancy cat - I like it;s markings (am rubbish on cat breeds)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.