The Great British Greyhound Walk General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by *SJ*, Apr 26, 2010.

1. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Almost time, Diesel has been trying on his back pack :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lazyhound

lazyhound New Member

Name:
    michelle
    I hoping to take my big lad to the one in Shrewsbury.
    Hoping to get some photos too.
  4. MerlyMoog

MerlyMoog New Member

Name:
    Paula
    I love the idea of these. We have a greyhound and are volunteers with a local greyhound rescue.

But we also have a GSD cross. I would not go to an event that meant we couldn't take him along too.

It's a shame and I wonder how many other people with greyhounds and also other breeds feel the same.
  5. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Hi and welcome!
    I understand where you're coming from, but I guess it's because of the Greyhounds who are still scared/don't like other breeds of dogs...
  6. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ
    A lot of the walks this year are allowing other breeds if part of a greyhound family to go along, you just need to check the info on the particular walk you want to do.
  7. MerlyMoog

MerlyMoog New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Thank you for replying. I can understand that newly retired greyhounds need time to adjust to dogs that aren't greyhound shaped, especially if they are small and fluffy.

The other half of our GSD cross is weimaraner, so although he's half hound I don't think anyone would believe us if we tried to pass him off as half greyhound!!

I will have a look at walks near us and see what the guidelines for them are.
  8. 2Greys

2Greys New Member

Name:
    G
    There was a dobe that came along on the walk we went on last year and it was held in a public place so chances are we'd of passed other dog breeds anyway. Just check with the walk organisers.
  9. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    Our walk in Staffs is in a public place too and for sure we will meet other breeds , maybe worth giving them a call to see if its ok to attend ?
  10. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ
    If you go to the first post in this topic and click on the link it will take you to the GBGW website. On the lefthandside of the home page is a link 'Where the walks are' When you click on that you can look at any that are near you. In the write up of each particular walk there is a heading 'Type of walk' If it's listed as a Greyhound Plus walk then they are happy for other breeds who are part of a Greyhound family to go along.