Siberian/Samoyed mix quote has made me cross Controversial

Discussion in 'Samoyed' started by seaunicorn, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    The trick it to do yourself afterwards ;)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Funny you should mention that, I was talking to a woman a few days ago, who said her gsd bitch loves a good vacuuming, she can't get enough of it apparently.

Ot but whilst we were having this conversation, a friend of mine, who works with this woman in the shop we were in at the time, was running round said shop, being chased by one of my dogs, who was running after her with his lead in his mouth. They both thought it was great fun, wish I had a camera though. Note the activity was being observed by a cafe full of people opposite + anyone else who walked by, and do you think we cared.

Another perfectly normal day in the life of Tazer...you think I'm joking.
  4. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Lol, I did, I just saw my reflection first.

I found that the grs were worse than the mal and gsd.

Had no problem with hair from the racing greys though lol.
  5. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
    Ha ha that made me laugh :lol:

The kids in the village say 'here come the werewolves' when they see me with the dogs. Wonder if I'm included? :? :mrgreen:

I really hope Jacub is like Jasper. Never seen a lad blow a coat like J. Sounds like a blaster is the very thing :grin:

Take care.

Seoniad.
  6. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    The worst dog we ever had was a GSDxRough Collie - we HAD to wear masks! But it was SO satisfying to watch the coat just come out in clumps - the dog liked it as well :)
  7. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    Off topic I know but can I ask how noisy blasters are? I've been thinking about buying one for my two hairy monsters but as they've never been professionally groomed before they're not used to driers/blasters. Maybe I should book them in at a groomers and see how it goes?
  8. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Thats prob a good idea.

Do they mind the noise from the vacuum? as the blasters I've used, are equally as noisey.
  9. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    The Dyson doesn't bother them. They don't really like the hair drier on them but I think it's more the heat than the noise.
  10. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Missy is a gorgeous dog x
  11. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Selkie my Samoyed has THE worst coat.. The groomers back when there was still one who would take her on would take her in for the whole day and do her in little bursts to give her a rest in between. She broke three groomers, one put her back out wrestling with her, one's neighbours complained about her noise and one had clearly never groomed a samoyed before and tried to clip her ???

She is such a baby about being groomed! She screams and howls the place down. It's that time of year again and time for Selkies proper blowing coat groom... I bathed her yesterday trimmed her feed and clipped her claws and liberally applied detangler... Then she gets a rest... (By the end of the bath the poor old lady had screamed herself hoarse and was wobbling on her back legs)... Today we tackle the back legs and tail and trim her bum, tomorrow the front legs and along her back, the day after that and probably two days we will work on the tangle matt she calls a mane... Then the tummy war begins... sigh...

Grooming Selkie is a warzone, the house will be white and I will be furry for a week... Always done only on holiday and preferably when the neighbours are away.

I do keep up with a grooming regime I promise.. but selkie's old lady wool grows in matted, I swear!

Pray for the sibe coat! Kismet's coat is a dream!
  12. seaunicorn

seaunicorn New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    That sounds like quite a mammoth task, I will pray that she has more of a sibe coat, from the looks of her I think it is going that way, she has really thick fur which looks likely to matt on her back legs and bottom, her back is long and silky with the shorter undercoat, but she does appear to have this mane that you talk about, although at the moment it is long and silky with the shorter coat underneath (no problem to brush) she doesn't like being brushed but I just keep shoveling treats into her mouth. As I say I am waiting for the big moult to happen. Someone did say that she may not have her adult coat yet, but it does not feel like her puppy fur, it is very different!! She is 9 months now.

Well done you for keeping your dogs so nice.:grin: :grin:
  13. seaunicorn

seaunicorn New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Magpye,
    I have just looked at some of your picture posts they are gorgeous dogs, the work that you put into them clearly pays off, you have one set which were in a hired paddock with your friend's dog Ayla? Missy's coat looks as though it is the same as Ayla's!!!