Siberian Husky Discussions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Vix

Vix New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Hi this is Khera at about 20 months. She is my first dog and we're doing really well together. I read a lot about the breed and i think i almost scared myself out of getting a husky. However i think if you really want something you will do anything to make it work. Before we got her she lived outside in an avery but is now very much a part of my home. She adapted quickly to life inside and soon pinched the sofa, bed and futon. She even cuddles up to my cat (who is a shy rescue cat) like a teddy/cushion. haha

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Housedog

Housedog New Member

Name:
    Jim Mc Cafferty.
    Beautiful dog, you must be proud of her.
  4. nichola

nichola New Member

Name:
    nichola
    All your pics are beautiful, Such lovely looking dogs.
  5. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    stunning dogs!!!! :D :D :D
  6. Footybird11

Footybird11 New Member

Name:
    Angela
  7. Natasha

Natasha New Member

Gorgeous pics everyone really lovely dogs :grin:
  8. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Stunning! :D:D
  9. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

can some1 tell me that the temprament is like on these dogs please?
  10. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Loyal, loving, friendly but not safe around small furies, also not alowed to run free off lead! i believe, im sure someone can fill you in more, as i have never owned one!
  11. Vix

Vix New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Definately not one to let off the lead.....like ever!! Khera is totally soft.....although she was isolated from everything before we got her she is great with kids adults strangers and other dogs. Just had to teach her to calm down and not totally smother everything she meets hehehe. Not exactly a guard dog....she'd quite happily invite anyone into the house. Most huskies i have met are very loving and cuddly.
  12. Footybird11

Footybird11 New Member

Name:
    Angela
    Yeah Kodi's the same big softy but can have aggressive momments especially when she don't get her own way lol. Good with children other dogs but not little animals such as rabbits or cats
  13. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

Y is it not allowed of the lead? is it dog aggro? or just goes deaf:p
  14. Vix

Vix New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Just go deaf....they like to run. Once read that because of their stamina they have a tendancy to run until they get totally lost or killed (hit by car etc) Think this would be true for Khera. Because they're generally so friendly they'll approach anyone...however far away!
  15. SibeLuver03

SibeLuver03 New Member

Name:
    Tara
    Siberians will also run away when let off the lead because if they are not exercised properly every day, all of their energy is let loose once off lead and they will not obey a recall command until all that built up energy is burned off.

I personally, highly do NOT recommend a Siberian at all. I love my two dearly and admire and respect anyone who does have a member of the breed. But they are so hard to control and so demanding. And the exercise! Oh the exercise! Do not even considered getting a Sibe unless you can devote a half-hour to an hour of steady running. Of course you must work your dog up to this kind of running. But still, they are runners.

Anyways, great pictures everyone, they are all so beautiful. Vix, yours looks just like my Kieron except for the different coloring! Kieron is red and white. :)

Here are some pictures of my two angels! Kieron and Houdini!

Kieron- 3 yrs
    [​IMG]

Houdini- 1.5 yrs
    [​IMG]

These are older pictures, I reckon I ought to get some new picture of them. But they never pose! Do you all ever see a perfect picture, go get your camera, and just as you are about to snap the picture, your dog moves and ruins the moment?

Aargh! Huskies! Who'd have 'em!!?? :roll:

-Tara
  16. Vix

Vix New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Great points sibelover and yes i can see the resembalance. Seperated at birth i think hehehe. Might need some more pictures to confirm it though ( hint hint ) Think i got lucky with Khera.....she's not really too much of a handful and i'm quite an active person anyway. She's settled down really well.xx
  17. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    these are a great breed my favourite,they do have alot of down points but lots of good points also . i find when im out walking my sibes some people just dont understand why they cant run loose like other dogs & i have had a few cross words with some folks trying to explain why they are on the lead. lots of people think its cruel to keep them on leads i find . i will try to post some pics tonight on the board in siberian husky section
    bye for now rose
  18. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    back again forgot to say that if anyone needs any kind of info on sibes,problems or whatever just leave me a message & i will get back to you asap,i have had sibes for 13 years.
    bye folks rose
  19. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    Hi Guys,

Hopefully here are a few pictures of my gang.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/rosegallagher/MishkaRelaxing.jpg This is Mishka, she is of Dreamcatcher breeding, she has an excellent temperament, not too interested in working, which is increasingly the case with show breeding. Enjoys running and still requires a lot of excercise and the usual fortification of the garden.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/rosegallagher/MishkaPosing.jpg
    Again, Mishka with Wolfy in the background. Mishka is 18 Months while Wolfy is 13 years old and of Kamchatka breeding.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/rosegallagher/HuskyLoveBite.jpg
    Here is Mishka, this time giving Suka some loving. Suka is10 Years old and of Tikchik breeding (Racing and show kennel).

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/rosegallagher/FamiliyPhoto.jpg
    Here is the gang together, they all get along well. Good company for each other which is essential for Huskies being a pack dog.

Hope this has been helpful.

Thanks.

Rose. :)
  20. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    Hi Guys.

Another picture of Mishka doing show training.

[​IMG]

Bye,

Rose. :)
  21. huskadie

huskadie New Member

gorgeous dogs everyone-have to agree with you rose,people definitely dont believe u cant let them off-usually they think theyre on lead because theyre aggressive! my girls do go offlead,but theyre not full sibes.