Siberian Husky off lead walking??? Controversial

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Zuba, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    I would like to know how many other people would agree that a 'Field' is an 'enclosed area'. If we all had an enclosed field to run our dogs in, I don't think there would be a problem !!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well our field is enclosed as I said earlier. Being a boarding kennels, security is paramount. I wouldnt expect most average dog owners, dont have one.
    Dawn.
  4. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    we have use of a fenced in field for our dogs to go in , at the moment the grass is long so not really able to use it incase bits get in the dogs ears / eyes etc & irritate them.
  5. mozzy

mozzy New Member

Name:
    Queenie
    AnneUK said "I had promised myself that I would no longer post on this thread as sadly it has become a slanging match"

Thing is Anne it was some of your (Lisa and Helping Hounds) insulting comments in general about Husky owners and respected breed and other rescue orgs a few days ago that turned it into a slanging match in the first place (as an example - maybe you should reread what you said about not letting the SHCGB get their 'hands on' a rescue Husky or words to that effect, there are others).
    And no I'm not going to respond to your picking apart of what I've said in my posts.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  6. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie

I run my dogs in fields every day - they are pretty enclosed but not inescapable.
  7. mozzy

mozzy New Member

Name:
    Queenie
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    AnneUK said
    Thats mine on leads and muzzled forever then! But not perhaps the Greyhound at the Mayhew who has an "excellent" recall! You are contradicting yourself Anne.
  9. grindys

grindys

Name:
    hmmmmmmmm
    AnneUk - think you missed the most important part!

Not all Siberians are acceptable and some may never acknowledge this unique opportunity to enjoy the privilege of true freedom.

***Please be advised: Siberian Huskies should always be on a leash for their own protection as should ALL dogs.*** - Hows it go AnneUK ;-)
  10. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    I know you do Ju, but inescapable, means non-secure, which may as well be non enclosed ;-)
  11. mozzy

mozzy New Member

Name:
    Queenie
    That's it Dawn, this thread has now reached it's conclusion 'cos:

Anne's advice is to walk any 'animal aggressive' dog on a lead with a muzzle. Certain breeds of dogs incl Huskies have breed traits/characteristics of being 'hunters' (ie animal aggressive) and 'prey driven' 'efficient killers' etc as per my quote from the Dogsey breed section on Huskies above. So for a breed to have certain characteristics a high percentage of dogs of that breed must display these breed characteristics surely? So a large number of dogs of various 'hunting or 'hunter' type breeds should be walked on a lead with a muzzle.
    So by Anne's advice then surely a large percentage of Husky owners should walk their dogs on a lead with a muzzle.! Thread closed?
  12. onqsiberians

onqsiberians New Member

Name:
    Angel
    All of my sibes are pure... do you think that Howling Spirit dogs are not pure because they come in all the colors.. not just the show hype BS??? I have imported racing lines as well as Seppala lines.... My dogs are REAL working dogs... and if you only found 9 dogs that is because you are mentally stunted and did not see the PUPPIES IN TRAINING(one who already placed as a Seizure ALert Dog)... As for my stolen dog... it was stolen by my x. I have her back.
  13. onqsiberians

onqsiberians New Member

Name:
    Angel
    Bred by her Sire at one year old... I do not cull..
  14. onqsiberians

onqsiberians New Member

Name:
    Angel
    No it explains it perfectly.... A "pure white"... is not genetically pure white at all... it is either Liver or Black... the hair grows away and oxidises... So you have just showed that you really have NO idea at all what you are talking about.... Here is a link for you to educate yourself...
    http://www.huskycolors.com/genetic.html
    don't bother writing anymore half witted catty BS until you can show links to prove your bass ackwards theories...

Please read our Posting Guidelines. Posts like this will not be tolerated.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  15. onqsiberians

onqsiberians New Member

Name:
    Angel
    First off slow motion I am a WOMAN... second of all I do not let 13 inches off leash... I let 13 dogs off leash.. watch all the videos you will see..... do you have ADD? All you would have to do is fallow links and look at things... but you just rush in heasd first trying to see what a jerk you can be.

Please read our Posting Guidelines. Posts like this will not be tolerated.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  16. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Please leave the out personal remarks and discuss the topic in a adult manner.

Thankyou.
  17. onqsiberians

onqsiberians New Member

Name:
    Angel
    I think it is personal to call someones whole kennel of dogs mutts because you have a shallow understanding of the breed....
  18. onqsiberians

onqsiberians New Member

Name:
    Angel
    I feel like I am being attacked because the slinger of this mudd, has no background in dog training, no evidence of being educated, and no hope of getting the dog they own to walk off leash, and therefore is being nasty...
  19. grindys

grindys

Name:
    hmmmmmmmm
    I think you are the one that needs to grow up and act in an adult way (ie not making personal quips at folk). Until you started posting above, there had been a heated debate but at least we kept it adult!

If you have nothing intelligent to reply back with, then let it drop, this is just a waste of your energy writing a reply ;-) Maybe it's different in your conuntry, but here in the UK '13' are inverted commas as in a quote - 13" would mean inches ;-)

The best option here is all agree to differ isn't it, here in the UK reputable breeders do not condone letting sibes run off lead unless in an enclosed area. I guess we value the lives of our dogs more than others??? I don't know but that is MHO :roll:
  20. onqsiberians

onqsiberians New Member

Name:
    Angel
    I have been breeding for 15 years.... My whole family is full of dog trainers... I would never buy a dog that did not go off-leash... I certainly would hang my head in shame if I bred litters of dogs that you could not trust... Then again my dogs are used for a very serious line of work! I simply can not afford to breed cute dogs with nothing going on upstairs. I understand that most people are not dog trainers and in fact I NEVER sell puppies, as I know most people mess puppies up for life with bad training.

Sorry I was so offended.. but the word "mutt" tends to do that in the world of purebred dogs.
  21. onqsiberians

onqsiberians New Member

Name:
    Angel
    Anyhow,.... I only joined this forum because someone had linked to my website through it and I had 38 hits from that link.... I still don't know if this is the thread.. I just assumed it would be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.