Siberian Husky off lead walking??? Controversial

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Zuba, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnneUK

AnneUK New Member

Name:
    Anne
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I know Patch, and the Greyhound that must be muzzled when running loose becauyse he will chase small dogs and cats, how nice if you happen to be one of those small dogs, bet the "excellent" recall dont work then!
    Dawn.
  4. AnneUK

AnneUK New Member

Name:
    Anne
    They had publicly tried to discredit them on other forums, from my understanding this was the only forum the rescue had access to
  5. AnneUK

AnneUK New Member

Name:
    Anne
    I'm sure they wouldn't be allowing the dog off lead without a longline unless the dog had a reliable enough recall to be called back mid chase
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    What, dont be daft, everybody has as much access to any forum as any other, unles they have been banned of course.
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Nope Anne, doesnt say that. It says.....

8. AnneUK

AnneUK New Member

Name:
    Anne
    I also said if a husky couldn't be trusted to be exercised completely off lead that they should be kept on a longline
  9. AnneUK

AnneUK New Member

Name:
    Anne
    There you go, his recall is excellent! presumably good enough to be recalled mid chase, otherwise I'm sure they'd be advising that he should be exercised on a longline
  10. AnneUK

AnneUK New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Some have restricted access
  11. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch

I`m getting confused [ not that its difficult for me :roll: ]

Many of your posts come across as you being directly involved with and even `representing` the Mayhew, particularly in terms of indicating that you are so `in the know` about the OP and given that you are posting from the same IP as the Mayhew as indicated earlier in the thread by Azz.

Perhaps you could make a distinction regarding which rescues policies you are specifically referring to when you say ` we` would`nt home under this or that circumstance [ within the topic ] so that this can be cleared up to prevent further confusion ?
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I think those stats say quite a bit!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  13. AnneUK

AnneUK New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Lisa pointed this forum out to me, I was not posting under the same IP address! I merely registered to this forum whilst at the Mayhew under Lisa's guidance. This being one of the first forums I've posted on I wasn't all that hot on forums. I got there though :lol:

I would defend any rescue I felt highly of, I have known the Mayhew for years and think they do a fantastic job and are more than happy to come to their defence especially on such a matter I feel so strongly about. However I certainly do not represent the Mayhew.
  14. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    If you want them to say more, add up the total number of huskies owned by each of those two groups ;-) and i mean owned here, as in real-life day-to day ownership, not in rehome kennels or fostered short term
  15. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Anne, they were not mentioned, they had nothing to `defend` themselves about, the Mayhew brought themselves in to it, no one else did !

As far as anyone was concerned the OP saw some advert `somewhere` which could have been anywhere, no one on this thread knew where, [ or did`nt mention where if they knew from another forum ], until the Mayhew came in guns blazing !
  16. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

Are you just trying to get rid of me for the next hour or so:lol:

I don't know how many they own.. or how I could find out..
  17. AnneUK

AnneUK New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Not really as I could get all our volunteers, supporters and adopters to register on here and the result would sway the other way. Just like there seems to be a lot of new members on this thread.
  18. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    Happy to volunteer my 9 for a start off.
    you can check out profiles, some say how many they own, or link to their websites and tot them up (decent husky folk have ALL their dogs mentioned on their websites, in number if not all in photos/pages, not just the pretty ones like the backyard farmer brigade do)
  19. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    BUt thats a misrepresentation.. as they don't OWN any sibes
  20. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    hardly relevent though are they, unless they actually live day to day with one or more Huskies, they are just 'towing the party line' so to speak.

we could equally rally up several hundred members of various Husky forums, who DO own huskies to give their opinion ;-)
  21. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    This should clarify my pov, from one of my posts [ which I thought all made my position pretty clear but obviously not :? ]

From this post which I`m wondering why I bothered wasting time on tbh :? :

http://www.dogsey.com/showpost.php?p=1053205&postcount=398

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.