Second Grey... Questions

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by JamieWilson, Nov 10, 2011.

1. coventrycatfish

coventrycatfish New Member

Name:
    Bek
    Yes, they are strangely addictive aren't they? :mrgreen:

I'm currently in the process of looking for a second dog, it may well turn out to be another grey, but I did promise myself I was going to adopt an oldie, so not sure.

I thought Guinness was going to be my oldie, but it turned out that despite the amount of grey (far more than is apparent on that picture) he is only three.

By the way, nicely found Jamie. L&BV RGT site? I need to get a camera to get some more picture of him.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. SusieL

SusieL New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Well there are plenty of 'oldie' greyhounds around so just adopt one of those and it will fit both criteria.
  4. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    Pippa is home and sprawled out on the rug.
    Paddy was so happy to see her.
    Long walk to tire that enthusiasm out of them! Now they are sleeping away.
  5. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Awww that's wonderful!:mrgreen: I bet you're all glad to see her again! Hope you have many happy years with your new and beautiful fur baby!!:002:
  6. madmare

madmare New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Awww lucky Pippa, I bet she is so happy to be back and lucky paddy having his girlfriend home again.
    I wish you all many happy years together.
  7. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    Yes the L&BV RGT site.
    There are a couple of 'older' dogs at LBVRGT at the minute Layla is a 7 year old girl (nice girlfriend for Guinness?) and Ozzie who is 11 and half.
    Im sure they would let you foster first too see how Guinness is with different dogs and what would be best for him and you.

We wanted to wait till we moved house next before getting another but after going up to use the paddocks and meeting Pippa we decided if we could get one dog in the house before winter gets harsh it would be for the better!

Go on have a LOOK.....
  8. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    And thanks everyone! We are glad to have her home. She can relax into a lazy life of retirement and get spoiled now!
    Poor little girl deserves it. :)
  9. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    Pippa's first week went really well, no problems with her and Paddy, just one little accident when I got stuck in traffic on the way home from work so she was in longer than usual without a toilet break.

Here's a couple of pictures of her playing with her new toys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    She is sooooooo beautiful. What a pretty little face she has. I'm so glad you have her now....happy days ahead for Pippa!! And you!!:mrgreen:
  11. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    Found out last night that Paddys actual sister from the same litter has just gone into RGT care. Gonna have to take Paddy up for a re-union!
    Anyone looking for another dog? Go on get Paddys sister! If she's anything like him she will be clever, soft and very loving!

Update on Pippa, she is coming out of her shell alot more now, learning to trust humans again. She gets very excited when we return home from going out (sometimes gives you a little nip on the bum out of excitement!).
    She really needs the off lead run more than Paddy though, she still seems to have the energy of a puppy so we're going to re-double our efforts to find somewhere enclosed for them to run.

Hope your all well! :)
  12. coventrycatfish

Name:
    Bek
    Oh, what's her name? Is she at L&BV RGT?
  13. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    She is at L&BV RGT, Not sure what they've called her yet, she only went in yesterday so I presume they will name her and add her to the site at some point today. You thinking of getting another? I'm pretty sure it will be THIS sister as she raced at Belle Vue.
  14. coventrycatfish

Name:
    Bek
    Just wanted to see her. :mrgreen:

We've offered to foster another dog with the intention of offering a permanent home for him if he gets on with Guinness and our cat, Tyr. We need to take Guinness to meet him to make sure they are provisionally okay with each other, but at the moment we are waiting for a problem with our car to be fixed.
  15. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    Another Grey or a different breed?
    Fostering first is a good idea, it worked perfectly with Pippa.
  16. coventrycatfish

Name:
    Bek
    Not another grey, a Rottie.
  17. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    Good luck, hope Guinness gets on okay with your new one.
  18. coventrycatfish

Name:
    Bek
    Jamie, is Paddy's sister the one now called Hally who's recently appeared on the site? She's got a lovely face.
  19. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    Could well be, they were meant to be adding her this weekend. I'll find out, not been up or looked on site this weekend (works xmas do was friday and I was far too tender to move yesterday!). She is the same age so it could be, apparently if it is Paddys sister she has little specs all over her just like him. (Everyone stops him and says they love his specs of white).
  20. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    By the way, have you done your foster yet? If so how did Guinness get on?
  21. coventrycatfish

Name:
    Bek
    Our foster dog is here at the moment, but unfortunately things are not going too well so far. :-(

I've started a thread called "Settling in another dog" in the Training & Behaviour section if you want to take a peak for details.