Presa Canario Discussions

Discussion in 'Presa Canario' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hi James,

If the kennel is the one I am thinking off James, I would say they are great and I personally admire them a lot for the (various breeds of) dogs they have produced. If were talking about different people then I apologise and forget what I said lol.

The brindles are my favourites, who were Rockys parents Azz, I think that dog Ghero is the nicest by far on that website, he is awesome looking, I like Jane’s Fausto and Vivi they are beautiful, I love the cropped look I think it finishes them off nicely if its done well.

Now this was my favourite pup, I loved this pup he is soo gorgeous!

[​IMG]

Laura
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Just had a look at that site and all I can say is WOW @ Attilla and Bandit (what a size is that guy – 29”!!!!!), they have some truly AWSOME presas exactly the look that I like, I think the reds look good but for me personally the brindles have that extra something about them in looks. Nice AB too.

Laura
  4. bangs_18

bangs_18 New Member

hiya ppl, im new on here, im a wee bit lost..!
  5. bellaluna

bellaluna New Member

Name:
    Jeanette
    wot are you looking for :)
  6. bangs_18

bangs_18 New Member

im lost, as in im new on this site, and findin it pretty difficult to move around, if you know what i mean?
    I'm interested in the presa's....
  7. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    i thought i knew all dog breeds....but i had never heard of these until today. I like that red one.... is it called Rocky?
    I hope i dont get my ass kicked for saying this, but they look like a cross between a ridgebacks body, and a boxers head.

i guess they are nice dogs, but...i prefer 'wolfy' dogs.
  8. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    How big do they get?
  9. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    They get to about 120lbs for males and about 27" to the withers Moli :)
  10. doglover

doglover New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Awwww eRaze Rocky's adorable!!!
  11. Mizraab

Mizraab New Member

hey , how you guyz doing . i must say this is the most awesome dog forums that i have ever found .

let me introduce myself here

Im from Peshawar , Pakistan and i have two dogs one Presa Canario and one Pakistani dog called GuLL TeRR .

Gull Terr looks very similar to Presa Canario .

The reason i got presa canario here in States because i had Gull Terr in Pakistan when i came here in United States one day i saw Presa Canario and i found lots of similarities in these two breeds .

Then few months later i bought Presa Canario from Manuel Corto of Spain .

I got Fawn Presa Canario 2 years old now . I must say this is the best dog i ever got . Presa Canario are strong and fully loyal to his owner and can be very mean towards strangers and other dogs .
    i will post some of my dog picture here ...

To be honest all the presa canario that i have seen in this thread doesnt look good presa canario to me .. because real presa canario contains very limited white color on their chest . Too Much of white in Presa is a disqualification .

The picture below is the real Presa Canario from Canary Island .

[​IMG]

you see the difference between this presa canario which is originally from Canary Island and the one we got in this thread looks pretty different .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all the pictures has been taken from Various Presa Canario Websites
  12. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hi Miz

The dog you posted is a typical looking Presa of the Curto lines. The only major diff I can see is that his ears are cropped and has a more 'mature' face. Rocky's pics in this thread are off him as a pup.. (And he's not from the Curto lines).

I'll post more pics as he matures - he has some good champions in his ped; Mencey, Verdugo, Tamaram, Urco :) As you'll no doubt be aware they look very simialar to the dog you pictured above (cropped ears/adult).

Look forward to some pics of your dogs!
  13. Emma-836592

Emma-836592

still prefer to see them with ears like Rocky !!
    and rocky is a babe :D:D
  14. pawpaw

pawpaw New Member

Eraze, can you tell me why some presa canario dogs have cropped ears and some the triangle,droopy type ear? and are the perro and canario the same dog but spanish name?
    thanks
  15. Russ

Russ New Member

Name:
    Russ
    Some places like the uk have banned ear cropping and some places like us still crop.
  16. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Nice animals these are my type I always prefered the darker colours not so keen on the fawn dogs. I like the cropped look too but like Russ says it is illegal in the UK however some dogs imported over here have cropped ears like Janes dog Fausto...

Laura
  17. Russ

Russ New Member

Name:
    Russ
    Hi laura, I like some breeds with cropped ears and some without.
    I think it depends on who has cropped them as you seem to get different types of cropping.
    The 1st dog in pic has curved cropped ears which i like but you get straight croped ears that look awful.

Its illegal to crop in this country but you can import cropped dogs, you can also take your dog abroard and have it performed then bring them home.
  18. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I have always said I like the cropped look, wont get into the big debate again but imo it set some breeds off nicely especially the Presa and Corso but that is jmho. That said I totally agree it can look good ONLY when done right, I have seen some terrible jobs but I have also seen some real nice ones too like everything there is good & bad I guess.
  19. Russ

Russ New Member

Name:
    Russ
    Have to agree with you laura.
    I would be happy to own a cropped dog if it was done right.
    We'll get Shot in a minute for this :twisted:
  20. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  21. hollie

hollie New Member

Name:
    hollie
    hi i am interested in getting a presa canario but dont know of any top breeders in the essex area could u giv me some information on them and any breeders you know of thanks