Police Officers & Council Dog Wardens General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by bullterrier, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bullterrier

bullterrier New Member

Name:
    Stefan
    5 Dog thanks for the post, I appreciate that you seem to have
    very similar thoughts on BSL as most people on here, but I`ve a feeling that this not the prevailing line of thought of most serving police officers. Feel free to correct me if I`m wrong, I hope I am.
    Did the police have any input into BSL when it was drawn up ?
    What alternative to BSL do you believe would be workable ?
    Licensing, what are your thoughts, would it be easy to police ?
    Training & testing for owners, do you believe it`s workable & would it be easy to police ?
    Could you give your opinions please.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I don't think so, I've always found Mini to be perfectly clear and concise within her postings, you may well find that any disagreements that have happened with threads Mini has always been the voice of reason (we'll I think so) and a lot of what she posts makes perfect sense. I think if you were to read through 'certain' threads it's pretty clear to me at least that much of what gets directed at certain folk is really undeserved, I understand where Mini is coming from within what she wrote, I own six Bull Breed dogs & two Mastiffs I love them immensely sometimes I just feel people take things a little to far, yes be passionate about your dogs and their breed, but even I as a Bully & Mastiff breed owner get a little fed up of having things rammed down my throat all the time as to regards BSL & the DDA much to the point I really can't be bothered (in saying this it don't mean I don't care about BSL and the DDA and I am not saying I don't love my dogs because I do, I love them more than life itself I just get a bit fed up of it all to be honest and peoples attitudes really much to the point when the time comes for my dogs to go to the bridge it's one less Bull and Mastiff breed owner in the world. I'm really seriously thinking about changing direction with my chosen breeds when my current dogs have passed on) so I really do understand where she is coming from and what she was trying to say.
  4. Biff

Biff

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one then. I personally wouldn't let something like bsl or the dda affect the choice I make about which breed I own, in future I will continue to own bully breeds, and will be proud to do so. I feel strongly about bsl, I oppose it completely, as does mini. I agree, Mini is often the voice of reason, indeed her original post was one that I agreed with, until I read the part about the attitude of bull breed owners, and due to that she would no longer continue with the work she has done. Not continuing with the work she has done I can understand, her motives I can also understand, but using it in a dispute with somebody, is a bit harsh and in my opinion uncalled for. In now way do I intend this to come across as patronising, but it kind of appeared like somebody throwing their toys out of the pram.