NI Owners Only Thread Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jo_W, Sep 18, 2008.

1. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Obviously not seen a dog with pyometra then have you?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Oh oh u can be in my club where other people tell u whats up with ur dog :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Inka youv'e been hiding some thing from me, your not a boy after all you have pyometra lol
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    would love to be in your club Jem x
  6. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    And we would all know what our dogs should be like and weigh if money greedy people stopped playing God and playing with genetics.
  7. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Yep i have, i spent time helping out at a vets when i was a teenager. The bitch had to be PTS as the owner left it too late to bring her in and then couldn't afford the op. Saw a rabbit with it as well . . She was ok.

Also have a 10 year old husky bitch thats never been to the vets other then jabs. . . .
  8. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I have she had a op and was fine, my 2 aren't getting spayed either
  9. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    We are humans and its what humans do best! Don't think you would be so quick to say no to new drugs ect if you were ill. Once again people playing dog and messing with genetics.
  10. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Inki and Sally you mentioned 1st that my dog was a husky X and that he was overweight, just been comparing dogs.

[​IMG]
    Looks anything but Ni to me GSD/husky

Long neck
    [​IMG]

Yep pretty average
    [​IMG]

Before you slate others maybe take look at your own
  11. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Thought you knew all about your dogs, happy healthy you said...any way I'm off to walk Inka... might even get some pics...critique away in my absence, catch up later...
  12. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Have fun hun xx
  13. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    LOL i have met spike and he is nothing like either a husky or a GSD! (i had a husky with me at the time so was able to make a pretty good comparison!)
  14. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I have never said your dog was a husky cross, and have never said Inka was to type either, long neck yes, long back yes, short legs yes, over shot jaw yes, tail long with a hint of a curl yes, but he sure is gorgeous isn't he xx
  15. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I have met spike and until u meet him in person so to speak nothing can be said his pictures do him no justice what so ever and as i also own a husky x he looks nothing like one
  16. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Yes thats for a purpose not creating a breed with health defects just to make money
  17. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    I too thought it is better for the hips / shoulders of larger breeds to restrict the type of exercise, amount and avoid them running up and down stairs. This I believe is because the joints are still soft and growing and could be damaged.

I'd have thought, particularly, you would be concerned as you were already really worried about HD in Kato. It doesn't sound like you're worried about it now, but I'm surprised that you are not taking precautions. HD is not just hereditary I believe (could be wrong though).

Lupi went everywhere with me, but was on the lead mostly.
  18. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    TBH i think the whole Health Defects thing is being blown out of all proportion! Hips scores are getting lower, DNA testing is being carried out on a large scale and i see very few people whose dogs suffer from hereditory illnesses
  19. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    always had entire dogs and bitches in my family, never had one with a related health problem. the risks far out way the pros in a spay IMO and i agree good way to line vets pockets after they've frightened you and convinced you your dog will die if left as nature intended. i like inka's ears, sooo cute. xero has also only ever been to the vets for jabs and hip scoring. my vets love princess xero
  20. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    From what i have read HD is something a dog inherits BUT degeneration of the joint which can cause joint problems and high hip scores can be caused by environmetal causes. So i have read anyway . . Some vets class any hip degeneration as HD though.
  21. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    this is true, exercise should be restricted in large breeds until after a year old and should also be built up slowly, and no its not just hereditary. damage to the joints of growing puppies can cause HD