My British Inuit pup - any other BI owners? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by punkykrista, Jul 12, 2007.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Thanks, yes he is:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. moonshadow

moonshadow New Member

Name:
    Caroline
    Your do is Beautiful Efes123, if you don't mind me asking which breeder did you get your from? i am looking to get an NI, though i love the look of the BIs too.

I don't want to upset anyone at all, but the real think i like about these breeds is, like something my husband said once. "it would be great to get a dog that had never been messed with, looks wise." though we feel all (well most) dog are beautiful, many breeds have been messed with so much, they have many health problems, example noses too short,head too big the list goes on. NIs husky's and similar breeds seem like if we had left the alone this is what they would look like. yes i know they have been messed with too, but i hope you get what i mean.
    but at the same time i want a dog that, will be loving, friendly and loyal. so from what i read, this make NI the perfect dog. though i really like the look of the BI, i am a little concerned about the CWD crossing, they give a beautiful look, but! CWD are not so much a family pet. would this crossing mean it would not be as suitable as a family pet? do you have to have some form of licence to have one? if so this makes the NI would be a much more family pet.
    i know everyone has there preferences, and i hope i have not upset anyone. but i am still looking for my perfect, friend for my dog, and my family. and a little pros and con's help would be great, if anyone can help.

Thanks
  4. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I have a BI that is coming training at the moment.

He is a nice boy but very strong willed :D I believe he came from somewhere ins Devon - I could find out for you if you like :023:
  5. moonshadow

moonshadow New Member

Name:
    Caroline
    There are several breeders in Devon, most seem very good others i am a little concerned they they may not be.
    so any help would be great
  6. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Shame they have been FUBAR'd health wise tho..I would rather have a healthy dog thanks..

NI have prey drive, and some have been aggressive..at the moment there are lots of health issues in the breeds..

NOt sure why you have mentioned husky's and similar breeds..

AS husky's/Malamutes etc ARE a breed..NI & BI are not.. they are made up from a cross of 3 breeds MADE to look like they do..so I would say they have been more messed with than the original dogs!!!
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    There is no guarantee ref the health of any living thing and no proof to suggest that the NID is less healthy than any other breed, including the Malamute.
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Ahh of course, on the 7th day God created the Malamute and the Husky, :roll: :roll: :roll:
  9. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    No of course not. :roll:
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    If I remember correctly the breeder of the BI you like is in Suffolk but I am sure Efes123 will be of better help to you ref this if he reads this thread.
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Nice to see you showing no bias Dawn:mrgreen:
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Nope I dont. I have read accounts from owners with such dogs as you have and the other stuff isnt made up either, you know that. Some people shouldnt be allowed to own dogs let alone breed them.
  14. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Phew!! I'm hopeful that I don't come into that statement :mrgreen:

As for owners, the same can be said for others too ;-)
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    LOL you really are funny..where did I say the Mal was any different?? get over yourself

ALthough I will add that at least the Mal is a breed with a history and proper looks and type.. AND they are a damn sight better in the health department

Yeah and then he went and created JK who THINKS she is god and who thinks she knows enough to create a new breed of dog..

Well she f*cked that up didn't she
  16. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Nope..but they are a lot healthier than NI
  17. sallyinlancs

sallyinlancs New Member

Name:
    n/a

Based on what figures?
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Are you for real???

Go find the list of health issues affecting ALL THREE breeds in the creation.. then take the Malamute ones.. Check the mean hip scores too while you are there
  19. monosyllabic

monosyllabic New Member

Name:
    Ben
    Sorry for this being off topic but I just wanted to say something.
    This is my opinions so please don't feel like I am attacking anyone and if you disagree that's your right.
    I know I have not been on this forum long but do any of you sit back and have a look at the posts you make?
    The way I see it is EVERY BREED (and I see the NI as a breed like the lurcher because it has been crossed to get a certain effect) has health problems. Some more that others and it seems to me (I can only give you my opinion with the limited knowledge I have) that when people breed dogs just for the looks not for a working reason they seem to have more problems. IMHO if Krufts (the k is a private German joke sorry) and other dogs shows were more about the dogs ability to do certain jobs not just stand like a sculpture then I think dogs would be a lot healthier. Anyway I'm off on a tangent.
    People treat dogs like there children and if you start saying to a mother my child is better/healthier/better looking than yours would be lucky not to get a slap. so just think about it when you go over the same old points it just hurts people and they get defensive.
    When people get defensive they come out with stupid things that only fuel the fire.

The only way to get healthier dogs is to educate people (like me. so I have a clue when I get a puppy) not make forum posts going over the same ground. It just makes people scared to ask questions because they don't want to start a slagging match or not ever read them and miss out any good information then they end up getting advice from the wrong people because they seem friendly but only really want to sell pups.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say because I have found it hard to get information on breeds on this site and I have had a few PM's from people offering advice and puppies. So all I'm trying to say is you guys are turning people away with the constant bitching and putting them in to the hands of the people that cause most of the problems in dogs today.
    sorry for the long post
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    If that is referring to my posts..I do state the truth..and I don't candy coat things..

The "breed" has been royally F'd up.. with greed and no thought for the consequence of the actions.. its all been about the money.. hence why 90% of them are Mahlek..

We have asked the NI people to prove us wrong..if they have nothing to hide..and up to this point..NO ONE HAS....WHY?? cos they can't!
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yep, she's right you know!:001: