Mr & Mrs Wolf Tonight on 5 Shaun Ellis! General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Helena54, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I think it's part of a wildlife park.

I liked him at first but I''ve gone off him over the months.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    yet again..what Mini said...:lol: Couldn't agree more. I think the man is mad, arrogant and totally welll...off his tree really.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: STOP IT!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Look on the bright side..he might have Kermit & Miss Piggy in with them next week!:mrgreen:
  5. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :043: :043: :043: :044: :044: :042: :042: :043: :043: :043: :044: :044: :044:
  6. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

If I rem right from the last time he was on TV
    The origonal 3 wolves he hand reared from pups
    He lived with them all the time, decided he was in the roll of alpha and (possibly without meaning too) trained the wolves to behave as he expected they should

He did not observe or learn from the wolves, he already had his preconceved ideas of how a wolf pack should behave and basically trained those guys how to do it

He went away for filming for a while and decided when he came back his pack wouldnt accept him as alpha so he decided that his new role would be omega and trained the wolves that

Now it looks like he decided his g/f could be nanny

Just shows how little he understands about real wolf packs!!
    The Alpha pair are the breeding pair, the parents to the other wolves and the nannies are older siblings who have not left the pack to start their own yet
    - they dont just turn up when the alpha is preggers and then spit out food at her to let her look after her babies

These are NOT wild wolves, they are not even wolves in captivity, they are trained pet wolves - pretty dangerous and pretty much adding nothing to help wolves in the wild
  7. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. shakeela

shakeela New Member

Name:
    Wendy
    As you say, the alpha pair are the breeding pair. Cheyenne is the only female. So who is the alpha male? Aren't all these wolves related?
  9. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    I think the alpha males name is Takana ?
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I think Yana is the alpha male and Tamaska is the second male.
  11. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    It was a really shocking Programme imo.............................................................................. i mean Electric blue mascra, wot was she thinking!!!!!!
  12. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    Even my son who was watching with me commented on her mascara ! :mrgreen:
  13. Eko

Eko New Member

Name:
    James Darch
    No respected conservationalist or biologist would deliberately mate a female captive wolf with one of her brothers to produce inbred pups so that his girlfriend can star in a staged tv programme. Also we were led to believe in the programme last night that the girlfriend Helen had not interacted in the enclosure before with Cheyenne. But as Cheyenne and her brothers were born in 2006 (according to the Wolf Pack Management website), this 'documentary' was filmed in 2008 and she's been with Ellis for 3 years, she surely must have interacted with them when they were pups as they were hand reared when mum Elu 'abandonded' them. I find it absolutely sickening that he has in his charge these magnificent wild creatures and he has to degrade and exploit them like this. It's no better than a circus. They are wild animals and should be treated as such. How did the programme help with the conservation of wild wolves? Did he donate his fees for the documentary to fund a wild wolf conservation project. Why doesn't he join the biologists to study and track wild wolves & film a documentary on that? Because a) no biologist worth their salt will have anything to do with him and b) there's no money in it.
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Shocking it was!:mrgreen:
  15. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

:D the wolves must have loved the mascara :D cos I doubt Shaun would notice, do you think next week he is going to tell her she has to stop washing and go all grungy like him??

I might be wrong but I dont think the female is related to the males, I think they had the 3 males 1st and then have added to the pack

TBH I think it is worse than a circus, cos at least they wouldnt be pretending they were doing something they were not
    TV is really worse than the internet for false claims and really bad science, this kind of mince shouldnd be shown as supposedly education!
  16. Eko

Eko New Member

Name:
    James Darch
    Cheyenne was kept in the same enclosure as her three brothers-from the same litter. There were also three older males in the same enclosure which have the same mother as Cheyenne but a different father.
  17. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ahh cheers
    So she has bred to the 'alpha' wolf which is basically her 1/2 brother

He just gets better and better, what reason does he for inbreeding his wolves??
  18. The Master

The Master New Member

Name:
    john
    The whole thing was nonsense and a huge ego trip for them. I read in a news paper sometime ago that his previous partner and mother of his four young children!!? said that he is a terrible womaniser maybe thats why the latest one has gone, but sorry ladies I just dont see what you could see in him? Surely with 4 young kids he should have been spending his time with them rather than wrestling with captive wolves.
  19. The Master

The Master New Member

Name:
    john
    If he is inbreeding his wolves it should be a huge warning about his dog breeding venture with Richardson!
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well that would be one to ask the NI owners who were all fawning over him at a show!:lol:
  21. The Master

The Master New Member

Name:
    john
    Oh dear yuck! Didnt someone say he had got rid of his NI now and there were quite a few comments on how his dogs were kept.
    He also apparently had a GSD at the zoo but his volunteers (middle aged couple running his courses) said it had to be re homed due to complaints to the RSPCA from locals about how it was being kept and how long it was left for in a very small enclosure attached to the wolf enclosure!?