Malamute pictures Photos

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by x-clo-x, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Lol :lol: Red was my least favourite colour, however it grows on you and a good dog is never a bad colour ;)

It is a good form of exercise and also gets you out doing things with your dogs. A Mal with Cresteds is a very big size difference, the Mal could easily hurt a crested without meaning to (ie bounding into them etc) - I am sure you are already aware of this but separating when you are not around would certainly need to be considered. I remember reading on another forum about a lady who owned a large and a small breed (not Mals) and one of her large dogs accidently killed one of the smaller ones by barelling it over :(

There are two factors here - white is not a fault, it is just not very common. The only whites we have seen in the UK have been imports. There are a few abroad including a nice bitch in the states, but quality whites are few and far between, unfortunately though inferior dogs are sometimes bred from solely for their colour :( (ie if they had been a more common colour, they wouldn't have been bred from).

Blue eyes are a disqualifying fault in the US (over here we are not allowed to have disqualifying faults) as Mals should not carry the gene for blue eyes. So barring genetic mutation (very rare) the most likely cause of a 'blue-eyed' Mal is the simple fact that it isn't a purebred and at some point in its history a Sibe has got in there ;-)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    re the crested and mal comment. im aware of the size difference, and have always wanted a bigger dog, was thinking of boxer, but ive always had a love for mals. i understand about separating they would never be together unsupervised. the breeder i got my cresteds from has akitas and 2 cane corsos. they all get on great but the bigguns are never left with the small ones :grin:

i knew the white wasnt a fault, it said thats the only accepted solid colour, but just wondered why it was so uncommon thanks for answering :grin: i think red is my favourite colour, then black, but to be honest i love all of them, dont think colour is a main factor really. how many mals do you have?
  4. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

I have 3 :) (and an Aussie :D )
  5. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    have to say ive fallen in love :mrgreen:
  6. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever New Member

Name:
    Robyn
  7. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
  8. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    is there anywhere i could go to watch rallies or things?
  9. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

The rally season is actually almost over - it runs from October - March. Up in Cheshire your closest is probably Delamere?
  10. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    ahh.. yes delamere, ive walked round there before. do you have to have special permission to practice on a rig somewhere, designated areas? or can you just go anywhere? i know a woman who has a pack of huskys near me, she race, but they wont let her practice in macclesfield forest?

do alot of you who work your mals show too?
  11. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Yes - legally you are not allowed to run them in a public area (law on using dogs for draught), so the Forestry Commission etc issue permits. Some people do get away with using a scooter though and biking with your dog running next to you is pefectly allowable.

Yes - a lot of people who work also show :)
  12. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i want a go :lol: :lol: may have to talk to the OH tonight and persuade him to take me to visit some people and places so i can see what its like :grin:

there is a woman who goes middlewich ringcraft with a mal, cant remember her name, know she has more than one though lol :grin:
  13. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Lisa?:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
  14. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    ive never asked her her name, and i dont go to that training often. but i know her dogs are gorgeous :mrgreen:
  15. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    greyhawk just seen a picture of your lovely zeph on the club website :grin:
  16. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Zeph is Cruisers nephew LOL..
  17. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i love the coloure of zeph, i found buck on the website and fell in love! id love one that colour!
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    LOL the entire Snowolf Reds are all lovely..Ruby is a sweety too..but I have to say if I was to steal any it would be the lovely Gunner!
  19. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i so want one :mrgreen: informed the OH last night while he was half asleep :lol: :lol: needless to say he agreed :lol: :lol:
  20. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    are there any rallies coming up, or even practices i could come and watch?
  21. Animal Magic

Animal Magic New Member

Name:
    Kerrie
    There is a rally at Sherwood Forest next weekend. :)