Luca's family tree

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Wolfie, Feb 10, 2007.

1. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    If I speak to Lyn B tomorrow I will ask her if she knows as lots of these old pedigrees to give info on early NI's as well as our Utes.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Have you considered contacting Tracey Fowler, NI registration officer as to the the Northern Inuit side of your dogs tree she has all the records.
  4. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    I thought Arctic and Wolfgar were the same dog angelmist?
  5. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    just had a look on the bits and pieces I have got and it is Arctic and Shy Lady
  6. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    No, if you remember I found on an old pedigree when I was at Lyn's that Wolfgar was the father of Arctic. I was under the same impression, but I did put it on the Ute Dog Club that I had seen it, in Eddy's own handwriting as well.
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I am sure if you contact Sandra Curry again she wouldn't mind going over the information with you again, you can contact her via The Inuit Dog Association website, infact I believe Sandra Moore the Breeder of Luca is also a member :grin:
  8. zero

zero New Member

He did have bad hips, apparently alot of it was probably caused when he was growing his owners who had him lived in flats and had him walk and run up lots of flights of steps several times a day. I was worried when I first found out about his hips as he is Kody's Grand father but have had my mind put at rest.
  9. Scottish Mags

Scottish Mags

Name:
    Margaret NI Society
    Due to misconceptoins above..Will you please contact Julie Kelham (President of the Northern Inuit Society) . who started the breed The Norhern Inuit
    Email. mahleknortherninuits@hotmail.com

Also Lynn Barraclough who is the current member dealing with The Utonagan Breed
    Mrs Kelham will be able to tell you all about any Northen Inuit Pedigrees

Thankyou
  10. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    whatever was someone doing crossing utes and n.i anyway. hardly a conscientious breeder,nor would i get in touch with an association that changes pedigrees willy nilly. the best people to ask are julie and lyn b.
  11. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I think that when the mating happened the actual split between the various Societies hadn't happened. All dogs that were from that type of background and bred by or from Eddy Harrison's stock were considered to be Northern Inuits. I know myself that I was looking at the NI's but decided that my Tawney looked nothing like the dogs pictured so decided to do nothing at all, as by then she was past breeding age anyway, so as far as I was concerned there was no real necessity to register her anywhere.
    We are only a few years down the line from the split and now we already have different looking dogs, and do have different breed standards. However that was not the case then. This by the way is purely a personal opinion, so please don't berate me too harshly:shock:
  12. zero

zero New Member

Luca was a rescue so for Wolfie the breeder had nothing to do with her having her.
  13. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Oh no - why do I feel it in my water that we are at the start of another row - ni -v- utonagan!

The father of Luca, my boy Hal, is neither an ni or nor a utonagan. Neither "breed" existed when he was born 9 years ago, and as far as we were and still are concerned, he is a mongrel, a crossbreed. Hal is probably one of the last original breeding males left out of those bred by Eddie, and as such he is much sought-after. I have made my feelings clear on many occasions that I do not want to see the northern inuit or the utonagan becoming a "pedigree", a personal opinion to which I am entitled, and as such Hal is not registered with either Society.

When Hal mated with Shilo all those years ago, neither myself nor Sandra Moore had any idea how close these beautiful dogs were - in pedigree breeding terms, it would not be considered a problem, but it certainly would have precluded the mating had Sandra and I known, and I am sure she would agree.

I really hope this isn't going to develop into yet another row, as if it is, then I'm off, 'cos life's too short.
  14. zero

zero New Member

:mrgreen: I agree and it doesn't exactly help Wolfie either.
  15. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    yep you are right. All Wolfie wants are Lucas's family tree, and whilst we can help with Hal's side, we don't know that much about Shilo, except she was from the Shy Lady line. That is all that is being asked, not a lot to ask really is it?
  16. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Thanks SM, I've emailed Julie :grin:

Luca came to me as a private re-home. This is nothing to do with the breeder.

Thanks Mys xx

I hope not N :evil: The onlt thing I want is to try and put together a family tree for Luca.

No, it doesn't :evil:

Thanks TW. If I thought by posting this thread that it was gonna raise questions about breeding ethics, I'd of kept my gob shut :evil:
  17. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Don't ever keep your gob shut Wolfie! Democracy is all about people asking the question "Why"?
  18. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    It just annoys me N, that some folks have to jump on the 'ethics bandwagon'. I don't give two flying f*cks about pedigree's or breeding ethics, all I want to do is trace my girls family tree :-(
  19. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Spot on Wolfie - I don't give a FF about Hal's ancestry or breeding. What concerns me is his health, and when I breed him, if it is a good match. I have no interest in registering him with any society, and will never do so, and cannot understand why people get so crinkly when I state the same. He is not a pedigree, he is a mongrel, and I want him to stay a mongrel The minute the utes and the ni's get kennel club recognition is when they will be doomed.
  20. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I've put all the info I've got onto a 'family tree'

If anyone has got any other info, please PM me and I'll give you my email addy. I'm still waiting to hear from Julie, but, if I don't hear anything, I'll ring Sandra Moore (Luca's breeder)
  21. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    can't wait to see it Wolfie, how about going on the Ute Dog Club Forum and asking on there as well?