Lets see your greyhounds! Photos

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by grommit, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Reisu

Reisu New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    I envy anyone who can get an action shot out of a grey :shock: he turns into blobdog on my camera.

[​IMG]

stationary is his best look :roll:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    Oh what a handsome boy he is!:grin:
    If you think about it you've got a sort of upside down action shot there!
    Would love to see more pics of your boy- good to have another Greyhound on Dogsey!:grin:
  4. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    What a sweetheart! Thanks for posting your pic, lovely to have another grey on the forum xxx

The action shots never did arrive did they! we'll get the camera out at the kennels soon. :grin:
  5. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice

I know exactly what you mean though mine are not greys but borzois . They are like a streak of lightening when off lead and if you blink you have missed it. That's why I don't post many of mine running free, :lol:

Anyhow hope you don't mind this non greyhound owning person sneaking into this thread as I may not own one but I do admire them so very much.

Lots of great pics here abd thanks so much everyone for posting and letting me have a peek.:) :)
  6. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    He he! no problem at all lovezois!!
    Non greyhound owners all welcome! :grin:
    Glad you enjoy all the pics xx
  7. florie

florie New Member

Name:
    Brian
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What wonderful pets greyhounds make.
  8. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    So lovely to see such happy healthy greyhounds, Lurchers and greyhounds often get such a hard life trust upon them but i have yet to meet an agressive one (as long as you are not a cat or anything else small and furry that is!). People have such a baised view of them that they need lots of exercise, when they are just a bunch of couch (sp?) potatos! Cassie has 2 1/2 mad runs after a tennis ball in the park and shes done. You have to push her outside to go to the loo!!

Keep them coming guys . . .
  9. Gracefulgrey

Gracefulgrey New Member

Name:
    Mo
    Here's my handsome boy - Bowen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Lyra

Lyra New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    You all have such lovely Greyhounds! Fab pictures too! You all have me wanting one ... :lol:
  11. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Lovely pictures :grin:
  12. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    Sorry not been on a while :blush:
    Thanks so much for all the new piccys! I need to make time to come on here more often now.

Gorgeous dogs, love the one of bowen with the cat, they look so serene together. Love florie's jacket too, soo cute! :049: They certainly do make fantastic pets and you are very right about the couch potato thing! Very lazy and very cute! :grin: :grin:
  13. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    They are all sooo lovely. I may be very odd but when i look at photos of whippets and greyhounds i get more convinced that staffs are just shorter fatter versions!
  14. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    He he he! i guess they are! :grin:
  15. catrinsparkles

Name:
    catrin

Tonks stayed with my friend last week when we were on holiday...she has three lurchers, and Tonks looked so stubby and tubby next to them even though she is a long legged staff.

She absolutly loved running with them, but her little fat puppy legs couldn't keep up.
  16. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    aww bless that sounds like a very cute picture in the making!

Unfortunately our Phil is not very small dog friendly so that couldnt happen here. :-(
  17. catrinsparkles

Name:
    catrin

Haha! I used to walk dogs for the blue cross. I remember one day when three of us went out, each with two greyhounds. Some of them were muzzled, and an old woman let her two yappie yourshire terriers run up to our dogs barking and running in and out of their legs. We managed to keep the dogs heads out of the way, and asked her to call her dogs back. She said "it's ok my dears my dogs won't hurt yours"

I was really tempted to say...."yes they will when they get stuck in their throats!"

Naughty really but these were ex racers, straight from racing into more kennels and still as keen as mustard!

Silly woman!
  18. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    oh dont i know that story! i had two little fluffy dogs run up to us in the park last week yapping away. Thank god for muzzles because the owner stood the other side of the field not even calling his dogs back! :shock:
  19. catrinsparkles

Name:
    catrin
    Some people!
  20. catrinsparkles

Name:
    catrin
    Muzzles are a god send but we still had one dog that managed to damage one of the centres cat's leg, even with a muzzle on. Barry (the cat) already only had three legs due to a car accident and the greyhound squashed his only leg on one side! Lucky it wasn't serious and he lived to hop around for a fair few years after that!
  21. Reisu

Reisu New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    There was one called Wilma at our rescue.. Mad as a box of frogs she was:shock: she did somersaults (literally :lol:) when she saw a little dog/cat/anything... :roll: