Lets see your greyhounds! Photos

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by grommit, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Nice to see you peeping lovezois :lol:
    As for the Greyhound/Saluki cross tova it was more by accident than design as we rescued Mo, but I would certainly have another. She is a darling.
    I love brindles too, she is a lovely looking dog.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    I just love their faces, and have really enjoyed sneaking into this thread and being totally spoilt with all your great pictures :grin:
  4. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    I'm sure we can all oblige with some more...!:grin:
    There is something melting about those big eyes set in a long slim face isn't there? They can plead for a biccie as well as any Goldie or Cav - and that takes some doing!:lol:
    At the moment my OH's favourite saying when cuddling Alice is " aaahhh, why the long face Alice, huh? ":roll: The more I groan the more he does it!:lol:
  5. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
  6. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice

That did make me smile as we say similar things to the Borzois.

I have a friend who always said that when she applied for her affix it was going to be Advark, I found it funny, but we were not too sure if it would go down well with a lot of the borzoi peeps.:blush: ;-) I told her that if she didn't get that one she should put Concorde as her second choice.

I do agree with you about the melting eyes,
  7. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    Did your friend ever apply for her affix? If so did she have the nerve to follow through with her plan?
    It is fair to say though that borzois outdo even greys on the length of nose stakes! I bet that their actual nose is as mobile as a greyhounds' though- greys noses often appear to live a separate life to the rest of their owners' face, they are so mobile. In fact now I come to think of it their noses are indeed not unlike that of a ardwark or anteater!:lol:
  8. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    Aaaah, why the long face Alice?

"Why the long face, you ask?[​IMG]
    "I must say I'm a little surprised you need to ask....!"
    [​IMG]
    "When Viktor insists I kiss his feet at every opportunity!":shock:
    [​IMG]
  9. lovezois

Name:
    Eunice

I don't think she did . She has no borzois now, and she moved away so I only hear from her on the odd occasion or if we happen to bump into each other at Crufts.

The nose mobility thing is the same with zois, as you say it sometimes appears to have a life of it s own.:roll: ;-)

The pictures and captions are great and I really appreciate you posting these. Thank you :) :)

Alice is gorgeous and real "character" I should imagine. Lucky Viktor having his own private podiatrist, LOL
  10. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    Glad you enjoyed the pictures - but really you shouldn't encourage me! I'd spend all day posting them given the opportunity!:lol:
    Alice is a bit of a character, yes. I'd say she has a bit of a sense of humour too- without wishing to anthropomorphise too much I'd say she favours slapstick!:roll: :lol:
    As for Vik, well he's got all of us well trained!:mrgreen:
  11. spot

spot New Member

Oh I think we should be encouraging you! They are great piccies and just go to show what wonderful dogs these are.
  12. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    Thanks Spot, more pics will soon arrive- don't say I didn't warn you! :mrgreen:
  13. lovezois

Name:
    Eunice
    Goody can't wait.
  14. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    Thank you soo much for adding more piccys of alice, She's stunning! And what fabulous pics, I think i need to get my OH to be a little more arty with my pics! :grin:
  15. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    Just a couple more of my honeys!!

Phil saying 'let me in the house mum, i've got teddys to chew!'
    [​IMG]

And paris doing her close up beauty shot!
    [​IMG]
  16. lovezois

Name:
    Eunice
    Just gorgeous and thanks for sharing.
  17. spot

spot New Member

They are gorgeous Paris has such a gentle expression and Phil is sooo handsome.
  18. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    Lovely photos, Paris reminds me so much of my last Greyhound girl. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
  19. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Just look at Phils eyes, how could anyone resist him?
  20. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    Thanks all, we've been for an off lead dash about today in the enclosed field at the kennels. We'll have to take my OH's camera next time and get some action shots. Could be tricky though, they are so fast! :grin:
  21. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    You will be a better photographer than me if you can get an action shot :lol:
    Would love to see them though, whether in action or still :grin: