Large Breeds Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Murf, Feb 11, 2012.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    My Brownie is about a 70 pound Yellow Labrador mix. When I'm out with him, I rarely see people with dog as large as him. He's not huge or large to me, but people always comment on how big or tall he is. I consider him a big dog because he's not a small dog. But to me truly large is a bit larger than him. American Bulldogs, Rottweilers, you know larger than him but not giant like Great Danes and Neapolitan Mastiffs.

He's kind of tall, but far from big...

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I agree. Brownie and I met a BIG boxer at the park. Though he was a littler overweight, the dog was bigger than the streamlined Boxers I was used to seeing a while back.

[​IMG]

The angle is bad, but that dog was taller than my pretty tall Brownie and he was only 9 months old! He also has huge splayed paws so you could tell he had a bit more growing to do. Boxers these days are getting HUGE!
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I get that a lot ..lol
  5. JulieSS

JulieSS New Member

Name:
    JulieSS
    Used to an Irish Wolfhound, to me a Labrador is a medium dog and I'm always suprised when people describe them as large or if they can't hold them back on a leash.
    GSD is a big dog to me, the same with Rottweiler, Doberman etc. Short dogs that are broad and heavy are also not "big" in my head, because they lack the height.