If you were to get a cross - which would it be? Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Alphatest, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    I have a bit of a thing for GSD crosses, but any old mutt would do me really! :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    That's a tough question Azz.

So much in the way of variables even with known parentage.

Skye (my Old English X Deerhound) is lovely looking and his nature is perfect but the rest of his litter looked totally different.

Breagh (my Pointer X Lab) is lovely looking but she was an only pup so no idea what the others were like. She's thick as mince though.

A larger Deerhound 'type' Lurcher would by my pick I guess.

Putting the whole consistency thing to one side for a min - I'd like the idea of a working springer x pointer cross.
  4. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    Jake :mrgreen: :lol:

I'm not sure tbh :lol: Probably a BCx or something... or just a good 'ole heinz... like Jake :lol:
  5. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    A cross between two HPR type dogs usually makes for an attractive (to me!) combination. Either that or a scruffy Lurcher.
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    English mastiff x great dane..
    Neo mastiff xboxer or cane corso..
    And a moscow watchdog a cross already...
  7. PB&J

PB&J New Member

Name:
    Jess
    No choice, you make it sound like a fate worse than death :lol:

For me, Labrador x German shepherd, same as the dog I grew up with. I bloody loved that dog.
  8. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    My first dog was that cross. She was a great dog. :049:

I'd be curious to see what a cross of my current two breeds would look like. A Tibetan Mastiff crossed with a Shar-Pei. Don't worry - my two are neutered. :lol:

I wouldn't mind a Shar-Pei x Chow Chow cross, preferably from parents who were both a bit on the plain side rather than overdone.
  9. sarah1983

sarah1983 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    I wouldn't purposely look for any specific cross, I'd go with whatever caught my eye and seemed a good fit. Probably the seemingly increasingly rare Heinz 57.
  10. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Oh I'm sooooooo glad I wasn't the first poster in here, coz when you said "cross" what immediately sprang to mind was Jesus carrying that great big wooden cross up the hill lol! It was only when I read the first couple of posts that I realised what you meant!!!:blush: Oh lordy, there's no hope for me is there:lol: :lol:

I would have a dobie x gsd! There! I understand it all now;-)
  11. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I would have a GSD x GSD :-D LOL

I would have a GSD x Malinois I think :) I also knew fabulous BCxlab and BCxGR - so wouldn't say no to either of those.
  12. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Hahaha - we must be on the same wavelength this morning H, as I wondered what the dickens it was all about too (and imagined Jesus!) ... until it clicked! :lol:
  13. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni
    A GSD x Alsatian ;)
  14. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    You get the dog that needs you Azz. :002:

[​IMG]

I don`t see much point `choosing` a specific cross because they are all individuals, with a unique set of traits inherited from two different parents. So take the one that needs you and don`t put money in the pockets of the BYBs and charlatons.

(I started out talking about the silver Celtic Cross my son gave me then read the first post!)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2011
  15. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I'd have an ESS x lab again and possibly a BC x JRT again. But I know neither of them would be the same as the two I've already got. I couldn't get another Louie or Sadie.
  16. spockky boy

spockky boy New Member

Name:
    qwerty
    hmmm....

I quite like many lurchers of whippet /or Greyhounds x collie mix, or a BC X Lab.
  17. Cadi

Cadi New Member

Name:
    Cadi
    I am kind of curious about how a toller or kooikerhondje and a cocker spaniel cross would be like (preferably working spaniel).

Hmm, I do like Golden Retrievers and Labradors; so any cross that would make them smaller and calmer while retaining their biddability would be fantastic (and near impossible!)

Oh! And most corgi mixes, cause every corgi mix I've seen is damn near impossibly cute.
  18. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    I think the thing about a cross is accepting they are a cross , Tom is 3/4 grey 1/4 gsd which is a nice mix but a handful . I only found this out recently as he was a stray and curiousity got the better of me and I had it checked .

The important thing is that crosses arent seen as second class citizens in the doggie world and that they are fabulous woofs regardless ! ;-)
  19. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    I forgot about lurchers! I prefer the scruffy looking ones.
  20. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen

If I mess up Toms coat , will that do Leanne lol !
  21. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf