Have you ever not recognised your own breed? Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Kerryowner, Feb 7, 2012.

1. spot

spot New Member

When Amy turned up at the door I thought what the heck is lab doing here we were expecting a greyhound:017: :shock:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Paxtonpup

Paxtonpup New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I never thought anyone could mistake a boxer but i've been asked more than once if Paxton is a cross because he has a tail!!! :?
  4. Ink

Ink New Member

Name:
    Ink
    I met a dalmatian I thought were a boxer/dalmatian cross once. He was a little heavier and lumpier than any other dalmatian I've seen and the skull was almost a bully's.
    Really weird.
  5. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    I don't think I could ever mistake a flatcoated retriever for another breed - I home in on them and can spot them from a great distance.
  6. Ballybee

Ballybee New Member

Name:
    Alyson
    I've never not recognised a spinone(lets face it i'll never see another Tummel) but i get loads of people asking if Dans a labradoodle or when i say spinone asking if thats a spaniel X.....? I always reply to either questions"He's a pedigree Italian Spinone, they're a rare gundog breed" and usually people shut up...i did have a go at an older woman a few weeks back as her and some others walked past someone commented on Dan and said they didn't know what breed he was...she replied to them "i bet he's another of those horrid crossbreeds"...i never stand up for myself but i wasn't in the best of moods that day and i did have a go at her :blush:
  7. Beth17

Beth17 New Member

Name:
    Beth
    I can always spot a boxer a mile off. A lot of people thought Sam was an american bulldog when he was a young pup; I think because he is white. People still get confused over his colour and always ask loads of questions :grin: