German or English? Questions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by SLB, Aug 23, 2011.

1. spockky boy

spockky boy New Member

Name:
    qwerty
    Germans tend to make things of good qaulity compared to the English..... be that dogs, appliances, or cars!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    It must be why I have had 5 german dogs, and my vacuum cleaner, fridge, freezer, washing machine etc are all german too! :)
  4. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    well in that case then im going for the weimaraner :mrgreen: i love love love them, and cant wait to have one of my own:mrgreen:
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    English all the way, such elegant dogs, love them.;-)
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Disagree, we English make some very good dogs I will have you know;-)

Along with cars... appliances.....well I`ll give you that :lol:
  7. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    I prefer German Pointers (shorthair) over English Pointers, I don't like the faces on the English.
  8. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    German if it's just against pointers (we don't put English in front of the name) but if it is all "bird dogs", and I had only moor work to do, I think I would go with the english setter. If I had moor work and shooting, I would want an hpr and that would have to be a gwp.

Helen
  9. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    German GSP :grin: that was not a hard choice, but I'm not knocking the working pointers tho, as I'm sure they very at good at what they've been bred for.

Fav hpr GSP.
  10. GirondeDeb

GirondeDeb New Member

Name:
    Con
    The English Pointer is the most elegant, loyal, affectionate, rewarding dog to own and train. I will defend them to the end! I know I'm swimming against the tide here, but I think the German pointers look a little coarse and thick set in comparison with THE Pointer.
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    No your not :lol: you`ve got one admirer here, and completely agree, such an elegant dog, all the ones I have known are such fab dogs..
  12. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Good for you :grin: I don't know a lot about pointers (and I'm sure I've got more to learn about GSPs too) but I see what you're saying, I hope I'm not just saying the obvious here (? :blush:) and I agree to a certain extent and there are some GSPs that I would not describe as elegant and a few are a bit short and chunky.
    In germany they need a bit of substance and to be a reasonable size but with out being thick set to do all the work they are expected to do as they are not just hunting small game ;-)
    I'd like to watch pointers work though so I can get a better idea of them working as I've only really seen them at shows and just photos of them working.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
  13. roxi

roxi New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    I prefer the German to the English, though i do like the English.
    My favourite HPR is the Vizsla :)
  14. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    You are not alone. I think the same about the English Pointer - a true aristocrat among dogs and they keep their tails on. :grin:
  15. GirondeDeb

GirondeDeb New Member

Name:
    Con
    So far we're Germany 9, England 3.

I'm going to have to work out how to get photos up to rustle up some more support for the Pointer.....
  16. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Photobucket - upload photos, then there should be 4/5 boxes underneath the photo when you put your mouse over it.. click the last box (should copy automaticly) then paste on here :D

Wait I just told you how to upload the opposition :lol:
  17. GirondeDeb

GirondeDeb New Member

Name:
    Con
    Doesn't seem to happen on the touch screen of the iPad. Maybe Apple are on your side.....
  18. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I have a laptop lol... just click copy it should work :)
  19. GirondeDeb

GirondeDeb New Member

Name:
    Con
    I think I've found a way of doing it. Here's Saba doing what Pointers do best...looking pompous. (it was the day after her knee op)

[​IMG]
  20. mandyB

mandyB New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Another vote for the Pointer here. Might be a little biased though.:lol:

[​IMG]
  21. GirondeDeb

GirondeDeb New Member

Name:
    Con
    How handsome is that face?