Favourite colour boxer? General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by x-clo-x, Dec 22, 2010.

1. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    oooh i love them :mrgreen: bl**dy determined to have one!!! :mrgreen: more pictures, more pictures!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. stanfan

stanfan New Member

Name:
    Karen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My boy!!!:grin:
  4. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    awww hey stan :mrgreen:
  5. BullseyesTail

BullseyesTail New Member

Name:
    Charm's mum
    Beautiful! I don't blame you being proud of those lovely boxers.:grin:

Here's one of their distant relatives:

[​IMG]
  6. stanfan

stanfan New Member

Name:
    Karen
    I LOVE bull terriers and get really ticked off when people say they are ugly, I think they are stunning and look like they're smiling all the time!! Would love an english bull terrier. :049:
  7. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    there is an article on bull terriers in dog today magazine... well about how extreme we have made them and a group of other breeds, through showing etc.. no need to ask who its written by :roll:
  8. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    lovely .
    I would be happy with a nice tri colour or a twin hooded white mini ...
    One day..when i have a lotto win maybe
  9. BullseyesTail

BullseyesTail New Member

Name:
    Charm's mum
    I read that! I think it's true in the case of pugs and some other dogs that exaggerating features has been very harmful to the dogs' welfare - but the modern 'concorde' shaped bullie head actually doesn't seem to cause any medical problems or discomfort in any bullie I know!

We've had them since the 1920s and I have photos of bullies from the 1930s onwards of dogs my grandad and dad owned and know that the modern head shape was influenced by one, wealthy influential breeder in the 1960s in particular. So there's an element of truth there. But to lump bullies in with dogs who have breathing problems or other severe medical problems due to distortion to conform with Breed Standards - did seem a bit weird to me, too.:grin:

I'm guessing the Boxers originally had longer muzzles, but the ones pictured here look just fine and not over-exaggerated to my inexperienced eye..?
  10. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    it really riled me! how does the afghan coat being longer cause it any trouble or pain? it still runs, it still plays... :roll: and as for the pug, yes there are xtreme ones, but she had to find the worse possible picture she could, there are alot of pugs which arent that squishy faced lol.
  11. BullseyesTail

BullseyesTail New Member

Name:
    Charm's mum
    So glad I wasn't the only one with that reaction to that article.:grin:
  12. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i always buy the magazine but to be honest i dont know why i bother.... it just makes me mad most months. i like reading the articles by the guy who had morris the bull terrier :grin: and by the natural vet guy, just wish it wasnt so one sided towards pedigree dogs.

yes dogs may have longer coats than they did 80 years ago, dont be such a lazy owner and brush them more...
  13. elaineb

elaineb New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Red for me:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

My Handsome boy Jake...now gone to rhe bridge:-(
  14. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    awww what a handsome chap :grin:
  15. BullseyesTail

BullseyesTail New Member

Name:
    Charm's mum
    Does anyone know what the 'oldest' (original - 19thC? not sure how old the breed is) colour or colours, were? Just curious as I've read about the history of staffies and bullies - wondering if similar colours were prevalent with the early boxers, or certain colours developed more recently?
  16. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I wouldn't take much notice of that article concerning who the author is:roll:
  17. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Brindle for me , every time

Bandit, a few years ago, :049:

[​IMG]

And a nice head shot of Millie!

[​IMG]
  18. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Very handsome Harvey with a super head - Ch Winuwuk Lust in dusk was grandsire & Katie's sire

Winuwuks have the loveliest temperament :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Standing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Little Katie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did you all know that the Boxer Governing Council in Germany now allow White Boxers to be shown & bred & under EC rules/regulations Europe will follow suit

White Boxers have been shown in Germany for the past six months ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011