Chocolate Dobermans General Chat

Discussion in 'Dobermann' started by Ramble, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yes I know, all done to confuse people.!:mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I say Brown, Dawn obviously says Brown and my dogs kc papers say liver and tan. :?
    Dobermanns were originally bred as watchdogs, they are brave and persevering and used to taking matters into their own hands and if it has to, taking care of it's own wellbeing.. They need a lot of exercise and can be very Domineering. They can be a nuisance as they are too damn clever for their own good and happily solve problems like opening gates and doors etc.
    Very loyal, loving and tactile with a great sense of humour but can be damn stubborn. Very clever at appearing stupid when they know exactly what they are doing. ( they are so like both of my sons in that respect ) They are also pretty vocal dogs with a wide range of noises and usually have something to say about everything.
    I think they are great fun to own they've been a complete joy but early and consistant training is the key.
    Syd is and always has been quite a serious dog but he's also the funniest of the lot because with him he does it intentionally to amuse. He's also the thinker where as Rio and Milan are definately more scatty than him but that just masks their serious sensible side. It's quite hard to describe, training they seem to take very seriously. They can switch very easily from being mad as hatters to serious mode like a switch has been flicked. Which gives me amazing control, if that makes sense.
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    My friend had two black and tans come back registered as WHEATEN!!! :mrgreen:
  5. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Really interesting Trouble, thanks. I think they are lovely dogs. The ones I've met have all been living life to the full lets say!!!

Funny you should say about your son, someone who worked with a lot of dogs and families once said to me that the resident dog always seemed to have the same sort of personality as the child in the house....not sure what that says for my son!!!!!
  6. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    & Red collies!!!!!!:grin: :grin: :grin:
  7. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    As a young teenager i had a hankering for a Brownie!!!! There was two walked in the park behind my house! So i had a imaginary one!
  8. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Ramble my sons are 21 and 28 though:lol:
    Yeah I would also say Dobermanns live life to the full
  9. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Yeah nothing surprises you does it, Syd's also came back with part of his name spelt wrongly and they wouldn't change it. So instead of reading Renegade it says Renogade, what's a Renogade?????????? So after waiting months for his breeder to supply the bleedin thing cos she had to have a theme to the names, it came back wrong, Doh!
  10. madisondobie

madisondobie New Member

Name:
    madisondobie
    Brown, liver or wheaten!!:lol: i have to agree with everyones descriptions of their personalitys, mine can be a complete clown one minute but calm down in the blink of an eye if needed/asked to, fabulous family dogs, mine loves my 20mth old nephew. She was in "your dog magazine" this month as they featured the Dobermann in their breed section and asked for an owners view of living with them. Not sure i did them justice but i hope so - although to be fair they didn't include all that i had written.
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Poor Syd!
  12. Bilclarie

Bilclarie New Member

Name:
    maureen
    Well this is my latest Brown, Red, Liver, Chocolate or when in France Marron baby Siren who is now 4 months old

[​IMG]

Bilclarie
  13. Steve Gunn

Steve Gunn New Member

Name:
    Steve
    My brown boy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. youngstevie

youngstevie

Very beautiful xxxxxx:lol:
  15. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Stunning, we used to have a chocolate girl who played with the Remy Rascal, but since we lost the Duchess, we haven't seen her either...:? I like Dobes, not sure if they could handle the nutty boys, very few dogs can!!;-) :mrgreen:
  16. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    [​IMG]

One of my favourite photo's of my pair of brown reprobates x
  17. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    They're beautiful Trouble:grin:
  18. Dobermonkey

Dobermonkey New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Gawgeous! :) T def sends a BIG play bow and wiggle in their direction!
  19. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Since folk are going on about what to call them (its rust not tan - sorry, had to!) here it is from the breed standard.
    Colour
    Definite black, brown, blue or fawn (Isabella) only, with rust red markings. Markings to be sharply defined, appearing above each eye, on muzzle, throat and forechest, on all legs and feet and below tail. White markings of any kind highly undesirable.
  20. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    There's one in Griffin's puppy class, actually there's one chocolate and one black and they're both lovely though the choc one is a little timid and the black one is a bit bolshy, both very vocal too between them, Griffin the grumbler here and a chatty cocker they have quite the canine chorus going!!:lol:
  21. Dobermonkey

Dobermonkey New Member

Name:
    Claire
    ONE of T's nicknames is Chewbacca, his vocals are hysterical

ahhhh me lurves him, is it home time yet??