Boxers - please tell me about yours! General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by x-clo-x, Nov 19, 2009.

1. boxergoggins

boxergoggins New Member

Name:
    Carol
    ;-) Thanks very much for the info Jackbox...

Breeding terms never even crossed my mind!! Just thought as had endorsements in the past assumed it would be the same...this has certainly opened my eyes and has made me more aware of what may happen if offered a pup...and my boxers are always pets first and anything else is a bonus...

Will keep you all posted as to what happens If a pup is available for me...will be very excited if there is as I loves my boxers!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Sadly, "breeding terms" is becoming more popular in our breed, one does it , then they all follow suit, that does not mean they all do it, but many of the larger ones do.

You can now be aware of them and decide if its for you.

But buying a pup and being expected to have 1.2 or even 3 litters , dictated to you by the breeder , then them taking at least 2 of the pups, is something I completey disagree with.

As you say, where ever you buy from, your first priority is for a family pet, anything else is a bonus, hope you find that specail baby soon!
  4. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Not mine but a giggle anyway:lol:
  5. IsoChick

IsoChick New Member

Name:
    Shelley
    The only dogs I've ever known that have had breeding terms were bobtail Boxers... a family down the road got a bitch and were expected to have at least one litter from her, with a stud picked by her breeders, who would have pick of the litter.....

Personally, I'd never buy a dog with those kind of terms attached....
  6. Jacksondad

Jacksondad New Member

Name:
    Anthony
    Fantastic videos and beautiful dogs
  7. rueben

rueben New Member

Name:
    rueben
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ruby having fun in a field full of buttercups.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    This is Ruby my present boxer.--Loyal and protective of family and home, boxers are also fun loving and energetic dogs who love spending time with their humans.The boxer breed does have types within the breed either leaning to a guarding watch dog or the forever juvenile dog. I have had both types and find the juveniles easier to socialize around other dogs imparticularly.I have had boxers for several years now I can not imagine having any other breed.I have loved all my boxers to bits.:049: :049: :049:
  8. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Katie taking off at a run

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. boxergoggins

boxergoggins New Member

Name:
    Carol
    :049: Beautiful pics!! :049:
  10. kammi_sparky123

kammi_sparky123 New Member

Name:
    Just bumping this thread back up as I have just re-read it all and was then gutted we ran out of posts... :lol:
  11. SmokeyRabbit

SmokeyRabbit New Member

Name:
    Teresa
    My aunt has a 6 yr old red and white and i get upset everytime i have to leave and go home as i visit twice a year for 2-3 weeks at a time, They are clowns and you will always be entertained with a boxer around only problem is they don't have as long a lifespan as other dogs and are prone to cancer,growths and Heart Problems, My aunts last white rescue boxer died at 8 of a heart attack one minute she was fine playing next she she layed down on her feet on the floor and she was gone and she battled growths several times and spent loads of time in vets, could have just been unlucky as her boxer now is perfectly healthy, no growths yet(touch wood) and people think shes alot younger than she actually is but kc papers say october 2004 so alot down to breeding and shes had her since a puppy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Lovely Boxer girl

Its true some dont live as long as into double years, Rosie was the youngest I have ever lost at just 10 years, the rest all lived to 12, 13 and nearly 14 years.
  13. SmokeyRabbit

SmokeyRabbit New Member

Name:
    Teresa
    Thats good to know as my aunt thinks she only has 2-3 years left going on previous experience as she lost her previous boxer at 8, she will be very happy if she gets to 14.
  14. kammi_sparky123

Name:
    Going out now, want to re-read this thread when I get back so I am just replying so that it saves so I can find it later - sorry :blush: :lol:
  15. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    All gorgeous, Boxers are fantastic, I love them but know they're not right for me at all. I'll have to admire them from afar! :D
  16. kammi_sparky123

Name:
    I have a question, are there any good boxer breeders in Scotland? That or just out of Scotland?

ETA: Wow okay I found loads online, but does anyone know any they can think of they know as good?

ETA again: The one I have found I like the look of are Nerroli - anyone heard of them?

Actually Marbelton are fairly easy for me as I have family close to there! Are Marbelton one of the best in the country?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
  17. pam

pam New Member

Name:
    PAM
    I know Lorraine flynn who owns Norelli boxers and when she does have a litter i must admit they are very nice!As for marbleton its not in my opinion one of the best kennels around its their reputation and how long they have been in boxers!Look for breeders Who have dogs free from cardiomyology and also there is known kidney and liver problems in certain lines now so be aware and very careful.
  18. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Walkon ,..
    Glenauld...
  19. pam

pam New Member

Name:
    PAM
    ????

Raomaro is my choice out of the two you mentioned wouldnt touch glenauld:shock:
  20. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Just2 breeders i seen from Scotland .lol
    Not had anything to do with either..
  21. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    when i was looking at boxer breeders, i liked walkon dogs, i also like winuwuk but the people that show them didnt seem very approachable, or helpful, which put me off.