Boxers - please tell me about yours! General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by x-clo-x, Nov 19, 2009.

1. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and you keep believing it:lol:
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Are their any known smaller boxer lines??
  5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    are you actually getting a boxer pup?
  6. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    hopefully so :mrgreen: it wont be until i move out, which hopefully will be this year :grin:
  7. kammi_sparky123

kammi_sparky123 New Member

Name:
    Totally glad I found this thread, got some great info from it!! :D
  8. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Dont think so, the smaller finer boned Boxer just seems to occur periodically in litters, perfectly in proportion and within the standard [smaller end], Katie is one :mrgreen:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
  9. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Pam - your "baby" is all...... grown up! Nice to see her photo and of course the handsome Solo :mrgreen:
  10. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Some do some never did.
    I'm not a show kennel of course but some might call this 'big':lol:
    Do I love them as much as I did when there was only a few?
    No,I love them more because there's more to love.:!:
  11. boxergoggins

boxergoggins New Member

Name:
    Carol
    Certainly an interesting thread!! I have owned boxers for about 12 years now and would never be without one!! :grin:

With reference to the Winuwuk Kennel...I have had 2 of their pups and one Ive shown with with fair success. Both Tim and Julie have been fine with me from the start and have been Very helpful in many a different situation--showing, questions re the breed, conformation and health too.

Im surprised that you found them to be "enclosed" and not answering your email properly. Can understand you being put off by this, not sure why as theyve been fine with any of my emails/phonecalls etc. All I can say is their dogs temprements are fantastic and I just love their looks, personality etc and would never go anywhere else now ;-)

Am currently waiting for another puppy from them....fingers crossed it may well be soon....:)

Good Luck in your quest to add a boxer to your household and family....
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Will your pup have terms attached?
  13. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Yes, it all depends on who is breeding what, some of the kennels that have European imports , are producing the finer type.

Marbleton for instance, a lot of their current dogs in the ring will be the finer type, as with many of the other kennels.

Its simply down to preference and what dogs you are using for your breeding practices.

When you have the time, have a google at who is breeding what.
  14. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    What makes you think that, do you mean endorsements?
  15. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    NO, I mean terms....like.........

Sell a bitch and have terms were you have to have 2/3 litters,from said bitch, and give 2 or 3 of the litter (pick) back to the breeder!
  16. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Theres a difference J to a "finer" type & Boxers like Katie which crop Up from time to time. My own feeling is Boxers like Katie shouldnt be bred from & i dont mean because of colour, although thats old hat now anyway with Whites being shown & bred from in Germany. Ive only seen a couple like Katie being shown - at the bottom end of height standard & lightly built etc & they dont get placed. Boxers like Katie have been referred to before now as "pocket" Boxers - somewhat ambiguous term, mostly referred as a form of endearment. The last thing we want is someone to jump on the bandwaggon to start downsizing & breeding untype like Boxers.
  17. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Oh right you mean breeding terms. I doubt it, the Poster - BG has her dogs as much loved companions :)
  18. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Have to disagree H, look at Marbleton, you will see she gets placed regularly with the finer type , she has a couple of young bitches from Tiger eye, in the ring both spitting image of him.

Look at In "ya" dreams, also a finer type.

But it all depends on what we think as finer /smaller type.

Millie is such a dog, she is just on lower size, smaller , finer boned and she is out of "vurio van sapho`s hoeve..a Belgian import, again a finer smaller dog.

Can think of a few other kennels at the moment that are producing the smaller /finer dog.

19. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    i will pm you
  20. boxergoggins

boxergoggins New Member

Name:
    Carol
    Both Paige and Thor only had endorsements on them...I expect I will find out If there is a pup there for me as I want to show again...but yes they are best friends first and foremost...

Jackbox...do you have experience of them doing breeding terms then? Not sure thats a road Id go down to be honest...
  21. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Not personally, but I have known of some that have, and not only from that kennel, seems to be a trend at the mo, from some of the top breeders to have "breeding terms" such things as ..... buy for full price, (a a slight reduced one) but have heard of some paying top price for a bitch and still getting stung with terms.. then with a number of litter and a number of pups from each litter being taken by the breeder...all first pick or two :-(

Personally I would never entertain it, if I buy a pup its mine and no one tells me if I can or cant breed it, or how may times and how may pups they take from me.

I guess you will have to wait and see if you buy a show prospect, what terms (if any) are attached.

If your not happy, you can then find a breeder who does not do terms!;-)