Boxers - please tell me about yours! General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by x-clo-x, Nov 19, 2009.

1. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I get what you mean, although I do wonder whether the ones who are combining the best of both end up with the better dogs or not? I also wonder why there is less American imports, whether it could be anything to do with money or ease of travelling to forgein kennels, as I'm sure its easier to get to Europe to look at kennels and things then it is to go to the US to pick a pup, or whether more people just prefer the European lines like you do.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    No, I dont think so, they are just not as popular here.
    As for combining the different types, regarding getting better or worse, you only have to look at some of our dogs in the ring today to see the superb examples of the ofsprings of Continental and the UK Boxer.
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Do british dogs do well in the states ?? They still dock right ?? Seen a few of Ozzies kennels affix on US dogs ..
  5. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    this is making really interesting reading. :grin: i cant wait to get mine now, counting down, only about 420 somthing days to go :grin: i definately prefer our type, to the US.
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

Not realy sure about that, I think some of our breeders export to the US,

Yes they dock, along with cropping, although I have heard, that more and more are showing natural ears now in the US..not sure how well they do though.
  7. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Oz and Snoop are faerdorns . They seem to export a few ..
  8. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i want a marbelton doggie they are gorgeous :grin: :grin: :grin:
  9. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Yes, she does, all over the world, and charges top dollor too;-)
  10. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    do they have a website? think i might go and be nosy :grin:
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Here you go

http://www.faerdorn.co.uk/FTOP.htm

Check out the tribute to Fineas Fog, one of the best Boxers of all time, (in my opinion)
  12. elaineb

elaineb New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I sencond all this:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[​IMG]
    My lovely Jake!! gone to the bridge:-( aged 12, He was a joy, most of the time, yea, they do take some time to mature, I would say Jake became an adult when he was about 5 or 6:roll: such a funny man, and sadly missed

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  13. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    oh Elaine what a fabulous pic of him...

So wise , yet so mischievous, yep you got to love them, warts an all, and oh boy, do they have some:evil:
  14. elaineb

elaineb New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Yep that's my fav pic of him and I have sooooooooooooo many:mrgreen:

He was so wise!!! such a gentleman, but a clown when he knew you were down. His eyes were so deep they could look into your soul I swear they could.
    Warts!!! tell me about them, and slobber, but that's my Jake!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

xx
  15. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    just had a look arent they gorgeous? :grin: bet she charges a hell of a lot :grin:
  16. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Oz and Snoops grandad :lol: ...
  17. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    The coloureds can suffer from skin problems as well.

Check out the Winuwuk kennels, they have some brilliant dogs with wonderful temperaments.

The best kind of love is Boxer love. :049:
  18. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i have looked at winuwuk and have fallen in love! this is definately going to be my top place to go to when i get my boxer. they are absolutely stunning! :grin:
  19. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    bringing up this old thread again... because i have been looking at the boxers again :roll: dont know what it is about them but i look at other breeds, and still come back to the boxer every time :grin:

i want a bigger dog and there are numerous on the list, but right now i need my boxer fix, so more pictures please. :grin: :grin: :grin:
  20. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    One of the few photo's I have of Dudley my boxer who went to the bridge in 1996 aged 13, the only dog I've lost that I was unable to bring a pup home almost straight away afterwards, I was just too heartbroken. I did have another dog at the time and he stayed an only dog until he went to the bridge in 2004.

My special boy

[​IMG]

as fit as a flea physically right up to the end when he had a series of strokes in very quick succession and was pts.
  21. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    awww he was a beautiful boy.