Bandog General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by jwalker, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    PMSL dk what are you like :lol:

We had a similar poster to this a while ago didn't we. He/she disappeared after everyone questioned him/her.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. addi

addi New Member

some pictures

[​IMG]
  4. addi

addi New Member

5. addi

addi New Member

6. wendy taylor

wendy taylor New Member

Name:
    WENDY
    well give me my fat overwrinkled show types anyday,LOL,not all are kept at those weights/sizes,
    Wendy
  7. wendy taylor

wendy taylor New Member

Name:
    WENDY
    oh he's a pretty good looking dog,I see he has straight stifles,does this affect his movement,have seen a few mastiff types with this fault and movement appears odd,uncomfortable almost,not looking for a fight just being nosey
    Wendy
  8. addi

addi New Member

wendy

i didnt mean any offense by 'over weight over wrinkly show types' but being a felow mastiff owner im sure you will know the type of thing i mean. Crossing them back to other bull breed types reduces this over breeding bad issues hence why i went for abandog rather than a standard mastiff as i work my dog i need a dog that is still athletic.

He is fine in his movement, very fast for such a big dog and he is sleeping under my desk as we speak while i am at work lol
  9. addi

addi New Member

10. addi

addi New Member

thats the type of dog i mean by show type over bred ... far from the original use for the breed .. a protector and guard ... bet it couldnt get off its backside quick enough let alone run to catch or stop somebody
  11. wendy taylor

wendy taylor New Member

Name:
    WENDY
    ahhhhhh go on with ya Addi,like my dogs i'm too thick skinned to take offence hahahhaa go find my website Beezaville Mastiffs,but have got to agree with you on above piccie,there are some cracking neos in Ireland that do not look like that and win really well,I have also got to say I love the look of your boy,and of course he's a brindle,which will win me over anyday hahahha
    Wendy
  12. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Weight can be lost, particularly as in this case where the dog seems to be a puppy, although I don't like to see it, it would not worry me too much. I am concerned with some of the conformation one sees on some of the mastiff cross breeds, I fear things will only get worse as many of them will be bred.