Are Alsations and GSD the same breed? Discussions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by SLB, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    I am only going on what all GSD breeders say, just like the TB stud book kept at Newmarket - all TB's come from 2 or 3 Arab stallions, can't remember now.

Be fair :roll:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I love German Shepherd Dogs. I really hate people trying to pretend they`re not what they are - a wonderful breed of dog.
  4. krlyr

krlyr

Name:
    Karly
    I am being fair. You cannot guarantee that every GSD breeder was 100% honest so you can't say for definate that every GSD was 25% wolf (even aside from the fact that even without "fresh blood", current GSDs wouldn't be 25% wolf), that's being fair. You know from firsthand experience that breeders lie about lineage so I think you're the one not looking at the situation "fairly" to try to backup your point.
  5. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Dunno about Tupac, but Zeff certainly does!!
  6. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    To be fair - that is the major danger which people seem to miss.

It is actually dangerous and detrimental dogs generally to say they are something when in fact this is not the case.....

I get a few people using the 'W' word with Zeff....to which the answer is always no. (Those who know him and me know to avoid using the word around me!)
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    so you know they mean business,and are not bred for the herding instinct but guarding ,yet u still want to argue about it? imo your doing it for the sake of it :roll:

and yes...watches very intently and if he deems them 'trespassers' most definitely or the very unnerving low rumble he does...until i 'dismiss' him of his duty and i take over.

argue the point with Andre if u like..think she knows more than u about it,and out of all her dogs she has a guard dog!!...its Tupacs sister :roll:
  8. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Thankyou.
    It is the reason people acted to stop the use of the `wolfdog` label when they were first introduced over here.
    They are a loyal, beautiful, intelligent, loving and willing breed of dog who live for their owner and their family.
    Not a wolf substitute for people who read too much bad fiction.
  9. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    same as i feel with my breed Claire :-(
  10. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Well said.
  11. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    Exactly. I remember once when taking one of my GSDs for a walk and a little girl that was about 6 was terrified and kept shouting "there's a wolf coming". Her mum looked just as scared. I stopped to talk to them and spent time trying to get the little girl to see that my dog was not the big bad wolf. It took some time but eventually I got her to throw a ball for him and although she was still a little scared she was smiling everytime he brought it back, bless her. And then you get stupid people harping on and on and on how much wolf blood are in them. It makes me livid.:evil:
  12. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  13. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    You mean the Byerley Turk, the Darley Arabian and the Godolphin Arabian.

I've been able to remember their names for decades, but hadn't really looked up much about them. There is some fascinating stuff to read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darley_Arabian
    Recent research found that in 95% of modern Thoroughbred racehorses, the Y-chromosome can be traced back to this single stallion.
    :shock:
  14. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    If that's their names, then yup!

No wonder TB's have so many health problems and often are as nutty as fruitcakes!
  15. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Something else that is news to me, I wonder how I missed this riding out for so many years for two racehorse trainers
    ?!
  16. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Why deny your dog's heritage? You know better than me the history of the Saarloos I am sure.

I believe it dangerous and detrimental to HIDE something that is fact.
  17. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    You never did!! You lucky lucky girl - although I was never ever anywhere near a good enough rider to do such a thing, plus far too tall and heavy. Still, it's a nice dream!
  18. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    its not denying heritage they are domestic dog breeds that contain wolfblood not wolf hybrid/crosses.(not anymore)
  19. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I am not going to pretend my dog is something other than he is - a crossbreed, Mutt, Mongrel. That is all.
  20. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    I NEVER said they did not make guard dogs - I said IMO they do not make TRADITIONAL guard dogs :002:

As you rightly say, Andre knows a hell of a lot more than you and me put together about CSVs, and I would not presume to argue with her.
  21. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    well they are hardly a traditional breed :roll: