Alaskan Malamute crosses General Chat

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by flow-wolf, Oct 21, 2006.

1. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    Good post MickB

Mo
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. donkey

donkey New Member

Name:
    ricky
    thanks for the info mick, i didn't beleive the storys about wolf matings, as i didnt see any advantages of crossing a sled dog with a wolf. but i still cant see mal x sibe looking dogs on the wolfdogs site, they look more like czechoslovac wolf dogs to me
  4. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    which are illegal are they not?
  5. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

That isn't technically true - whilst Shi Tzu's belong to the group with "Ancient origins", Poodles do not. There are 14 breeds that do have a closer genetic link to the wolf than others (Alaskan Malamutes and Siberian Huskies are two of them). The closest are actually the Shiba Inu and the Chow Chow.
  6. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    i see that site a while back, i thought they were just ni's???

i see some realy stunning mals x dalmatians the other day, dont know why they were crossed, werent selling for huge amounts of money or anything. dont know much about eithers health breeds so dont know how they will turn out temp wise, but were really ,lovely looking dogs!
  7. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    just to add - i know this is old but ive come accross an add for a repeat mating of agerman shepherd dog x alaskan malamute bitch

:evil:

the bitch is onyl 2 and this is her 2nd litter

the dog is 12 months old :evil:
  8. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    i always see gsd x malamutes and LOTS of malamutes x huskys forsale!
  9. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    :evil: that is disgusting:evil:

I have no problem with cross breeds at all if the parents are healthy, they can be wonderful pets. If people choose to buy a cross breed that is their choice. But I am disgusted with this, as it is obviously just breeding for money.
  10. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    the thing that worried me about that site is the atificial insemination kits for sale, only high lighting how easy it would be for some one to use the wolf dog like the ones on the site, dunno if you had a look at the links on there either, but I would say a couple niave folk have allowed a swap of link add.
  11. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

yes I did notice the kits on there, don't know if this this normal in the dog breeding world? and I did notice links to other sites
  12. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    People are using the wolf dogs anyway, regardless of ease of AI !!

Breeders are openly breeding them already, my area is rife with them !
  13. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    what REAL wolfs...actual Real ones or NI's??? :shock:

i thought you needed a permit or something??? :roll:
  14. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Yes REAL wolves !! Czech wolf dogs.

And yes you need a permit, but when has that stopped anyone breaking the law !
  15. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    You would have to have a lot of trust in someone sending you an AI sample though, how could you be certain which dog you were getting. You may be paying for the prize winning BIS but could be getting any old mutt
  16. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Indeed. People (IMO Puppy farmers) could use these to send samples to people instead of inviting them to their premises for stud !
  17. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    i thought they were a breed like the NI!!! :shock: im pretty sure i see someone breeding them in to there NI's/britsh inuits with a sarloos hond???

blimey :roll:
  18. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Not sure what you mean 'like the NI' ?

The NI/BI isnt' a recognised breed(s) whereas the Czech wolfdog and Sarloos are Recognised Breeds of wolfdog.

Yes there are breeders who are using them to breed with NIs and BIs :roll:
  19. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    i know that it isnt a 'recoginsed breed'!! dont start on that! i mea nthat i thought it was liek a cross Like the NI husky/mal/gsd etc!! not a actual wolf!!!

how are they aloowed to do this if they are real wolfs?!?!

does that mean people are going to be able to own a wolf?? thats just not right!!!! there wolfs For god sake!! :shock:
  20. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    No need for the attitude really....... I was merely answering your query :roll:
  21. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    oh come on! :blush: i wasnt being attutidey you cant tell waht im writing over a computer i was mucking about!!! im agreeing with you!!

you silly!!!! :lol: :p :p