Advert in Local Paper (white boxer question) Questions

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by Nippy, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Yes they can be registered but not shown as they will get no where :( More breeders are registering them now. Finn is not registered as his breeders did not register their whites but he is just as much as boxer as Star :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

It's Normal practice to sell whites at half the price of their coloured siblings... because they dont meet breed standard..nothing to do with the possibility of them being deaf.

Depending on who is doing the selling and the price of standard pups, Whites will go for anything from 350 to 500

They are treated the same as any normal Boxer,(just ask those who own them) its just they dont meet standard... classing them as defects would mean there was something physically wrong with them...and to be honest , I dont know any breeder who would say their whites are defects??

yrs ago, when whites were culled , those that where sold were sold as rare..even today as Carole says some unscrupulous people will breed whites to whites to get the rare Boxer... where as if you know anything about Boxers, you will know all litters from flashy Boxers will almost always produce a couple of whites in the litter

Yes, they are, more and more breeders are now registering their whites, some with endorsments..and thankfully today the practice of culling them is not excepted.
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

It is impossible to get a Black Boxer, but sadly , you will ge the unscrupulous and the gullible , buying and selling Black Boxers.......... they will either be a x breed or a very dark brindle...what some call reverse brindle

Nobody said you couldn't.. but many breeders choose not to register, but some do!!!
  5. esmed

esmed New Member

Name:
    Esme
    I think you have misunderstood me and maybe my wording wasn't clear. I didn't mean that the dog itself was a defect but that somewhere in the breeding process a defect has occurred.

I know they are not defects, i considered white boxers before we had Monty but my OH wasn't keen on the white ones.

I know there is nothing wrong with the white ones, i get annoyed by the fact people assume they are deaf or going to go blind early. To me they are just as much boxer as any other.