Who is going? Great Greyhound Gathering 2011 General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by TomtheLurcher, Aug 8, 2011.

1. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen

Who is going? Great Greyhound Gathering 2011

Hey ,greyhound Dogsey lovers who is going to Notts in Sept and can we have a Dogsey Hound Meet up ?

http://www.retiredgreyhounds.co.uk/Great-Greyhound-Gathering-2011/
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    I thought about going as it's a general dog show too isnt it?

Actually, checking the date I will be returning from my hols so cant anyway.
  4. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    It is a gen dog show too , pity you cant make it Leanne .
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  5. 2Greys

2Greys New Member

Name:
    G
    I expect we'll be there as its local :001:
  6. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    I'd like to go, but I doubt I can. It's almost 2 hours on the train, which we can manage, but how far is it from the station to the venue? I'd love to go and meet up with the Dogsey hounds :D
  7. 2Greys

2Greys New Member

Name:
    G
    Its at the horse racecourse, there's a park & ride there to town & other bus routes pass by too but would have to check with those bus companies whether they take dogs (I think NCT do). If those hackney taxi's take dogs it probably wouldn't cost too much as only 2 miles out of the city centre.
  8. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Thanks, I'll look into that. I think we'll be able to go! Whoop! Lots of shows he can take part in too, it'll be his 4th show, so hopefully he'll enjoy it as much as the last ones :)
  9. Tegs_mum

Tegs_mum New Member

Name:
    Katie
    I think we might come and have a look see, will there be stalls too?
  10. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    I'd really love to go, our hounds are from the rgt. I have to admit i'm a little nervous about going to these events though, do many people go without their dogs? I'm not sure how well phil would get on with so many dogs around but i would love to go myself....
  11. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    I don't really know WHY to go to be honest... no way is our mangy half bald little hound going to enter any showy bits of it really (I think she's cute - the rest of the world staring at her scabby bare butt probably wouldn't see the beauty). I know pretty much every greyhound owner I know appears to be going but I dunno...
  12. spot

spot New Member

Dizzi you do a disertise to hound lovers - they will see you girls scabby little but and totally see the beauty of her :grin: its one of the great things about these gatherings of all things hound. It dont matter whether they are greyhounds, lurchers or just a dog that looks well - like a dog really. You dont need to enter any of the show bits just go along have a wander with other hounds and have a good time. Trust me loads of people will just love that skinny baldy bum! x I do!
  13. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    There is often a prize for baldy butts at greyhound shows !, Lots of them have them and scars and things from racing , we all love hounds and its a get together not to judge each other hounds , they are all beautiful ! :grin:
  14. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    Let me know Mel if you are going and I could do the train trip with you :grin: I would only take Bella and maybe she can experience her first show !
  15. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    If you're going on train too, I'll definitely go! It'd be great for them to do the train together :D Would you be going through Birmingham New Street too? I'm looking forward to it! Maybe we should all have some way of recognising either other for those who've not met and have a good old Dogsey meet up!
  16. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I might see if I can make it - just a couple of buses for me :)
  17. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    I would be going through New St , checked the times and there is a train from New St leaves at 0749 , arrives Notts 0905 , I will DM you and we can sort out arrangements if you want.
  18. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    I'll def meet you at new st then, I'll pm when I get home to arrange times :) I'm excited now :)
  19. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    Cool , I am looking forward to it too and will have a look at the classes and maybe have some fun and enter Bella in her first show ! :grin:
  20. 2Greys

2Greys New Member

Name:
    G
    You'll see many similar bald butted hounds, my girls just moulted her fuzzy kennel coat and is now rather baldy.
    I never enter the shows mainly as it involves too much standing around for my patience, but its a nice day out seeing hundreds of greyhounds, lots of stalls to browse and like minded people to chat to. There was some great fancy dress entrants last year, the pictures from previous GGG's are a bit small though on RGT site.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
  21. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Axel is a bit of a baldy butt too right now :D I think even if you don't want to show, it'll be a nice Greyhound day and a chance for her to meet lots of her kind :D

What time do you think the judging will finish? I've just remember it might be my nephews birthday party in the afternoon and so I'll have to get to Warwick afterwards!