What do you use to walk your Husky? Questions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by kirsty_, Dec 3, 2011.

1. kirsty_

kirsty_ New Member

Name:
    kirsty

What do you use to walk your Husky?

What do you walk your husky on, Half check, harness, non pull harness etc??
    Prince is an escape artist and quite a strong puller, hes normally walked on a flexi lead and a harness but has recently chewed the harness so they were wondering wether to buy another harness or something different.
    Thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
    Hello :) My guys wear a Manmat Walking Harness designed for sled dogs (D ring does not sit on the dogs shoulders, situated further down the back for better weight distribution) . I use a Manmat bungee lead attached to a walking belt for safe hands free hiking.

There are two D rings on a Manmat Walking Harness so a neck line can be attached from harness to collar. Super for escape artist :grin:

Taking no chances with my guys in Aviemore :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]

In built up areas the dogs walk on a loose lead (unless they see a cat then all bets are off ;-) ). They spend most of their time out in front hiking or on a 90ft tracking lead for field zoomies and obedience training (unless they see a squirrel, then all bets are off :mrgreen: )

Take care.

Seoniad.
  4. kirsty_

kirsty_ New Member

Name:
    kirsty
    Hi thanks for the reply i will pass the info on to my sister. I like the idea on having a clip to the collar just incase.
    Your dogs look stunning btw :grin:
  5. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    For everyday walking we always use a half-check.

Mick