What do you think ? General Chat

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Alba4a, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Alba4a

Alba4a New Member

Name:
    Alba4a
    Rugby1983 and CaroleC like this.

What do you think ?

Hello guys!

First I have to say , sorry about my english, I am from Spain living in Uk. So, If sometimes I dont make sense, dont get me wrong :)
    I love animals, specially dogs, I had many dogs before, for any reason I get along very well with dogs and I have created my own methods to training them. At present, I have an Alaskan Malamute she is 3 and half months now :) I got her with 2 months. Since I got here we have been training every day. She can do the commands
    Sit/Up
    Down
    Shake/Shake both paws at the same time
    Look at me
    Play Dead/ I show her a gun and when I shoot she plays dead....lol :D
    Leave it
    Let go
    Stay
    Spin (that amazing trick )
    Go to your place :)
    Heel , she walk by my side.She does that really well. She doesnt pull that much. We are working on that :)
    etc...many things!!!!

She does a very good recall as well, and she is very obediente. Anyway, I dont want to get to excited, haha, everything might change when she gets the adolescence. :D I always listen from many people how naughty, disobedient, hard work, difficult, this breed are... Personally it doesnt seem like that. I would like your opinion, did i get a lot of lucky with my dog, Did I do a good job training her or they are not just so diffcult breeds like people say? haha

What commands your malamutes were doing at the age of 3 months?

Anyway I just would like to mention that I am being very dedicated to her and we have been training every single day..

Thank you for your answers :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    GsdSlave and CaroleC like this.
    You are lucky, but you've created a lot of that luck yourself by with your dedicated training.

Keep up the good work and don't get too disheartened when she starts testing the boundaries as adolescence hits. You'll get through it. Just be consistent with her
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Wow, you have been busy
    All that training, what a lucky dog she will be a happier dog with all that attention & things to focus on
    I don’t know much about Malamutes, only what I read, but, we found our Akita had great recall until adolescence hit and then he definitely started to ignore us too many times, something for you to watch out for
    Some photos would be nice to see if you can
    .......and welcome
    Philippa