Utonagon or NI ever likely to become KC recognised? Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by AlliBullie, Apr 4, 2007.

1. AlliBullie

AlliBullie New Member

Name:
    Ali

Utonagon or NI ever likely to become KC recognised?

Are the Utonagon or NI ever likely to become KC recognised? Would you want them to be?
    I would love to see one win Crufts one day. I think they are both stunning breeds.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. jinglejoys

jinglejoys New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Don't really mind--I bought Lady because I liked her:lol:
  4. running cloud

running cloud New Member

Name:
    Maggie
    It would be a nice way to teach people that thew NI is a breed and to stop people calling them, Huskys or GSD@s or Mals!
    For that reason I would like them to get to Crufts, but i don't hold a great admiration for the KC, they do not do any favours for some breeds!!
  5. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I think both dogs are beautiful and dont need anyone to tell us we have the perfect dog. I have 2 right here! :)
    They tell me every single day!
  6. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I would say yes to a degree, they deserve to be a recognised breed.
  7. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie

i agree... :grin:
  8. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Name:
    Kris
    I would like to see one win Crufts but im not really bothered about KC reg. I love my dog for her - with or without KC paperwork!
  9. Tracey381

Tracey381 New Member

Name:
    Tracey
    Im not bothered about KC reg, some of the breeds have changed so much since being reconised by the kc, and they are not the dog they started out to be, im happy with mine KC or NOT
  10. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Me too, if I wanted a dog with KC I would've got a different breed, I love my 2 for what they are, big handsome beautiful boys.
  11. ellenlouise

ellenlouise New Member

Name:
    Ellen
    I think it would be a good idea so that the breed recieved the praise is deserves but I do not think it is necessary as all Northen inuit lovers love their dogs because of who they are not because of the paper they come with. I do worry though that if these breeds were to become kc registered. What would happen to the adults of the breed would they then recieve papers or would they be left as non kc registered if so. What will happen to these dogs obviouisly I know none of the dogsey N.I would be looked at any differently but is it possible that some dogs could be sold on etc... so breeders could have KC dogs? Sorry I am not trying to stir a debate I am just wondering.
  12. kyektulu

kyektulu New Member

Name:
    kye
    I cannot wait to get NI's and Utes officially recognised by The Kennel Club for the darn fine breed they are!

Mainly because they are a breed and it will stop idiots saying the words ''designer breed'' and ''so its really a cross then...''

I would love for our breed to go to Crufts one day too, but I wouldnt hold my breathe for them winning, alot of the people at Crufts are very up themselves and cannot comprehend that all breeds started somewhere and just because some breeds have been established longer than others dosent make them any better...