UK Mal Owners, bed help! Discussions

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by fonziebuckler, Nov 24, 2016.

1. fonziebuckler

fonziebuckler New Member

Name:
    emma

UK Mal Owners, bed help!

Hey guys, I just signed up today so I'm awfully sorry if this is a thread that has been posted recently, I'm unfamiliar with the website right now. If there are rules that this kind of thing can't be posted please let me know and I'll remove it.

My mally is currently 5 months old and already filling the large/extra large size beds we've found at Pets At Home. He only really likes the soft "box beds" as he loves to lie with his head slightly propped up (I'll attach a picture of him a few months back in his current one when it was still roomy). The only other place we really go for dog accessories is fetch.com and they're drawing up a blank with us for beds too. We're after a large bed that will fit him when he's fully grown that won't completely break the bank but we've just no idea where to even begin looking. It's like most places don't do beds to fit massive dogs and he's fussy with his space!

Any recommendations would be brilliant. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    He is lovely and

I have a little tiddler who sleeps on the couch during the day when she it tired, but sleeps in a crate in my bedroom at night.

I honestly do not know anything about Mals so please forgive me for not giving you advice. Hopefully someone who knows about them will see your post and be able to help you and your gorgeous boy.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Hi & welcome our Springer, Cocker & GSD's sleep on cot mattresses they are soft plus waterproof
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Check out the Waterproof Corner Sofa Bed on Dogdreamer.co.uk
    I can't find the one that I was actually looking for, but this one looks even better to me.
  6. fonziebuckler

fonziebuckler New Member

Name:
    emma
    Thanks guys! Moose is grateful!

Attached Files:

7. fonziebuckler

fonziebuckler New Member

Name:
    emma
    This is perfect actually, thank you!
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I gave up buying dog beds as mine were always completely uninterested in them and prefer to lie on floor beside us, though they do have beds in the bedroom.
    I use a double duvet folded into four with vet bed on top and they can stretch fully out,i also made a bolster for back and sides.
    Another idea is if you can pick up a bit of memory foam, and cover it.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016