The Princess and the 4 legged Pea! Behaviour

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by Pork1epe1, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    6JRT's likes this.

The Princess and the 4 legged Pea!

Princess Pei Face has always slept on a mattress next to my bed and the little black devil, Gwylim, slept in his crate which is on the floor at the foot of my bed. On Sunday night however, they decided to alter their sleeping arrangements, with the Princess sleeping on my bed (something she's never done before) and her royal consort sleeping on her mattress. :015::015::015::015: All was well until we went to bed last night and HRH found little brother already fast asleep in HER mattress She was not amused! :018: Luckily he'd left just enough space for her to lower her regal body onto the mattress and after a few snorts of disapproval she finally settled down and went to sleep.

At 3 am I woke to hear her crying and I turned the light on found a very unhappy Princess staring down at the little black devil who somehow during the night had taken up most of the mattress. Thinking I might as well get up and let her out for pee, I went into the kitchen and opened the back door, which woke up Gwylim who came to join us. So what does Madam do? Instead of going out first like she normally does, she stood aside and let Gwylim go first, then promptly scurries back into the bedroom to claim her rightful place! By the time Gwylim and I went back to bed she was happily snoring her head off. Mission accomplished.:041:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ahem - now why does that remind me of how I end up in one corner of my double bed because you-know-who has gradually edged me over...

...and over...

...and over...

I mean Heaven forfend I should need to go to the loo during the night because in order to do so I would have to somehow clamber over you-know-who.

Sneaky little boogers, these dogs! :005:
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    Proper little clever clogs :lol:
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    That's so funny & the very reason why only K9 is allowed upstairs, even then K9 don't sleep curled up or vertical but stretched out horizontal across the bed, under the quilt in middle so he don't get cold (perfectly ok for humans to get cold) & moans non stop if you accidentally wake him up.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Made me smile,what a clever little madam’. Kyra used to sleep on our bed but cant get up onto it anymore, so ive made one beside my bed, Heiko being the ‘Gent’ he is (more like wimp;) ) doesn’t venture near it..
  7. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    LOL she's the smart one.
    Mouse climbs up and straight flops down between us. Anything in his spot gets squished.

Attached Files:

8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Well I certainly would not argue with Mouse! :eek:

I have enough grumbling from Pereg if I dare request her to please move! :005:
  9. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Azz and 6JRT's like this.
    She's certainly that and what always makes me laugh is the dignified way she goes about getting what she wants. Happily, she and Gwylim have reached a mutually acceptable agreement (with a little help from mum). He sleeps on the smaller mattress that used to be in the living room, but is now next to hers in the bedroom and she has her mattress all to herself! Problem sorted. :cool:
  10. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    hehe, cleaver madame. Phoebe only ever got on the bed once, panicked at how "unstable" it felt so chucked her self of the side in a big heap and has never gotten on again. her face was a picture when she got on it and just froze.. hahaha
  11. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    One of the things I love about "smushy" faced dogs like Phoebe and Georgie are the expressions on their faces! Last Saturday at "iskola" because the Princess was the oldest and best trained dog there, Gabor our trainer, kept "borrowing" her to demonstrate the correct way to walk a dog on the lead. I wish I taken my camera because the look on Georgie's face was priceless! I could almost hear her thinking "This is Soooo boring, boring, boring"! :(:(:(