Suppliments for older Husky Health

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Razcox, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel

Suppliments for older Husky

Kiska is 10 this year and i was just wondering if there is anything Huskies are prone to as they get older. An if there is any suppliments people give there older dogs.

She is a little overweight but other wise has never been ill or needed to go to the vet (other then checkups ect) in her life.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    Ours had arthritis as they got older, wolfy had liver problems which got worse & worse, for supplements we give our sibes as they get older condroitin/ glucosamine tabs. But both of my 2 older dogs i no longer sadly have did suffer from weakness in their rear legs, both were over 10 yrs too. But some i guess are lucky & suffer from no effects from old age. Just slow down.
  4. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    My Nans little Lasa and my lurcher are a bit stiff at the backend so i was wondering if i should try green lipped muscles as they have been recommended on another thread. Even though Kiska is showing any signs of stiffness would it benifit her to have them too? Like people taking codliver oil to keep joints supple.
  5. infamousinuits

infamousinuits New Member

Name:
    alexandra
    i have a husky who is ten. she still thinks shes a pup. no problems with her so far.