some pictures of my CAO (Central Asian Ovcharka) dogs General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by gillesb, Dec 15, 2016.

1. gillesb

gillesb New Member

Name:
    gilles
    Azz, CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.

some pictures of my CAO (Central Asian Ovcharka) dogs

Hi as i introduced myself in a previous thread i would like to post some pics of my CAO,s , soon a professional facebook page and website will be ready.
    Here is Kazimir he is 14 months to 16 months in these pictures ( somewith my friend ukrainian expert)
    then Nita is a 13 months white female
    then Kira the tigress she is 3 months and 12 months in these pictures and then Erman and Taisha (10 months and 7 months here)
    enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. gillesb

gillesb New Member

Name:
    gilles
    Azz, CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    sorry posted two same pic of kira ..here is one at 12 months

Kazimir is 16 months male standing 32.5" and weighing around 170 lbs , Kira is also a large female she is 12 months 31" and 150lbs,
    Nita is a beautiful female 14 months nearly 30" and 135 lbs
    [​IMG]
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Beautiful tiger marking & very large dogs.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Oh wow - they are so big - and beautiful. I think I would be frightened of them though.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    And me Malka & I work with dogs every day, they remind me of the Greek Jennings dog (Molossus I think) that I saw in the British Museum
  7. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Very nice.

Out of interest - What do they weigh ?
  8. gillesb

gillesb New Member

Name:
    gilles
    6JRT's likes this.
    good you mentioned that, Actually they are a very ancient breed probably the oldest one and completely untouched and no interbreeding ...all natural due to natural selection...and yes they are the direct descendant of the greek molossus dog!
  9. gillesb

gillesb New Member

Name:
    gilles
    Kazimir is 16 months and he weighs 170 lbs and 33 inches at the withers, Kira a female is 12 months and 150 lbs she is a big female though. Kazimir is expected to reach about 190 lbs fully grown at 3 years ...
  10. gillesb

gillesb New Member

Name:
    gilles
    6JRT's likes this.
    they are very sweet ! but at the same time very protective actually they are the ultimate guardians against intruders and wild predators like wolves and hyenas
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not think we have predators in this area although I know there are some further south down in the Negev. But being honest, I am frightened of large dogs.
  12. gillesb

gillesb New Member

Name:
    gilles
    they are really sweet! you need to raise one and you wont be frightened anymore
  13. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    They are beautiful and imposing. What intruders are they protecting you from?
  14. gillesb

gillesb New Member

Name:
    gilles
    act
    actually i have them just out of passion for the breed...but i keep them outside i have a large outdoor fenced area about 50000square feet or 5000 square meter and i live in the moutain at 3000 altitude in a rural area overlooking the sea...so anybody who comes close the whole pack goes wild and i can monitor them through surveillance cameras ..we also have lots of jackals and few hyenas
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Very impressive dogs. What type of vehicle do you use for getting them to shows? Does their size present you with any other problems? - thinking of veterinary procedures etc.
  16. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I am guessing a big lorry like the ones TNT uses with tail lift on back :D
  17. gillesb

gillesb New Member

Name:
    gilles
    HAHAHA i dont take them to vets unless there is an emergency like a really bad injury , i do all the shots and basic care myself..i have a van that can take few dogs, but i only load Kazimir and Nita alone or the rest because the two males will fight and sometimes Nita and Taisha fight also (they had a fight before i had to have taisha stitched so now they are separated in two clans: Kazimir, Nita on one side and Taisha Kira and Erman on the other side[/QUOTE]
    anyway the van can fit 3 dogs , its not a good idea to give them too much space , this way they just lie down instead of trying to move around , ....its safer