Shar Pei identification Questions

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by Radu, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Radu

Radu New Member

Name:
    Radu
    Azz likes this.

Shar Pei identification

I don't know if there is anyone who's still reading this post, but i'm trying my luck here. Someone sells a 5 weeks shar pei female and i saw just some low quality pictures and i don't know if they are a pure bread or no. Could someone help me? 10816022_1586146728272449_589490842_n.jpg 10818863_1586146721605783_137245019_n.jpg 10846806_1586146734939115_1230470673_n.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    From those photographs there is no way of telling even what breed the puppy is, let alone whether she is a pure breed Shar Pei.

She is far too young and anyone selling such a young puppy should be - well, I had better not say that.

But I will say this - please do not buy such a young puppy of whatever breed - she is far too young.
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    It's difficult to say in those pics, and the pup is so young. Does the breeder own the parents?

If this is a back yard breeder, avoid - it could end up costing a lot more in the long run..
  5. Radu

Radu New Member

Name:
    Radu
    I know it's very young and i won't buy it naw, maby when she will be 8 weeks old. He own the mother and she is shar pei.
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    It's very difficult to say ... at 9 weeks old my first Shar-Pei had many more wrinkles than my second one did at the same age. The only way you'll find out whether she is pure bred is to ask the owner what breed the puppy's father was.

As Malka quite rightly says the puppy is far to young to leave its mother. And do be careful before buying a Shar-Pei of unknown ancestry because they're a breed that can suffer from potentially serious and life threatening health problems and in that respect are high maintenance dogs. I'd advise you before you make a decision to read up as much as you can about the breed.

Having said that Shar-Pei are a wonderful breed, and I wouldn't be without my Peigirl for all the tea in China! Good luck ... let us know how you get on!