Shamus has taught himself to Point. General Chat

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by ClaireandDaisy, Aug 19, 2008.

1. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire

Shamus has taught himself to Point.

Shamus my slightly challenged Irish German Shorthaired Pointer has been with us for a few months now, and is gradually becoming a Proper Dog - unlike the worried individual who arrived knowing nothing. Today we went on a cross-country hike and I turned to see him...Pointing! OK it was at a clump of grass, but blessim, it was the classic pose, and held for quite some time. And repeated a few times when he came across similar interesting clumps of grass.
    I was thrilled (I`m easily pleased) because my previous shorthair has only pointed once - at the cheesecake on a nearby sweet trolley when we were in a bar at a Hotel. It had everyone in stitches at the time, but he never did it again. I think he was a bit put out at not getting a slice of the cheesecake.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    It's a wonderful sight isn't it. Our Breagh is a pointer X and she'll 'point' once in a while.
  4. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Oh bless him:grin: If its any consolation my 9mth setter, 'sets' leaves and butterflies:roll: :lol:
  5. Holly-Rosee

Holly-Rosee New Member

Name:
    Holly and Ros
    my sister had aweimaraner which was facinated her picking up her poo and then she started pointing at every bit she found and was pleased with her self she must have thought she loved the stuff
  6. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Excellent! A friend told me how she was mortified when taking her GSP in for a show and he insisted on Pointing at the Bitch class in the next ring, to everyone`s amusement.
  7. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    well done Shamus! I'm sure that clump of grass had something very interesting going on that needed to pointed out. :)
  8. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Oh bless him, it's coming out al last, Maddy always 'points' at various things, she has since a pup, she has some big working lines though. Lovely to see the instinct come out I think. x
  9. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    How fantastic! Are you planning to work him?

Isla points, but being a Springer I'm not over joyed as you are with your boy! :lol:
  10. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Excellent news, Claire :D
    [​IMG]