Petite Lurcher Type General Chat

Discussion in 'Lurcher Forum' started by Elizabeth13, May 23, 2011.

1. Elizabeth13

Elizabeth13 New Member

Name:
    Beth

Petite Lurcher Type

Hello all

I have a foster dog/puppy currently at the moment, from a rescue who is up for adoption. I am not entirely sure what he has in him.. He is very petite in size (knee height) but does not have the 'boney' face of a whippet. He is very soft and very handsome boy though, and always gets compliments when out and about!

I think if he was advertised on a sighthound type website/rescue, he would easily have been snapped up by now (he has been with me for nearly two months). Does anyone have any tips on any place like that i can advertise a little for him? Most websites need you to be the actual rescue to post dogs.. I am just one of many foster homes.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Elizabeth13

Elizabeth13 New Member

Name:
    Beth
    Here is a photo of him

[​IMG]
  4. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    Elizabeth there are various sighthoud rescue sites that will advertise dogs that are not theirs:

Lurcher SOS
    Houndlounge
    Sighthound Welfare Trust
    Lurcherlink
    Sighthounds for Life

He looks like a lovely boy x

There is also a private rehoming site on here you could put him on
  5. Elizabeth13

Elizabeth13 New Member

Name:
    Beth
    Can i advertise as just a member though? Or do you have the be the actual rescue's login?

He is lovely, but going through the teenager stage at the moment! And despite what the picture looks like, it's his tail around his back legs i haven't hog-tied him!
  6. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    Not sure about on here but you would have to register with a log in name and i'm sure if you contacted admin on those sites and enquired they would oblige. I go on these sites regularly and they have special sections for this.

Who do you foster him for ? or did you take him in yourself ?

Hope this helps x
  7. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    It will have to be the rescue that is rehoming the dog that posts the thread.

The link below gives info on rescues and posting dogs for rehoming on Dogsey.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=27007