paid £213.50p & still in pain Health

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by 6JRT's, Oct 17, 2014.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

paid £213.50p & still in pain

I had a lot of dental work done yesterday {2 root canals, 3 fillings & 3 bridges,} I hate dentist so been putting having the dental work off as long as possible, but yesterday afternoon I finally had all the work done without any anesthetic {have mega needle phobia}
    I woke up overnight with toothache, so off I went to see dentist again about the toothache, only to be told yes you will have after all the work you had done yesterday, then said its not actually toothache you got, its the nerves in your gums that are hurting & said it will ease up in couple of days, I said but I paid £213.50p yesterday not to be in pain, he then gave me some gel to put on gums, to numb the pain but I can only use it twice a day & only got enough for 2 days.
    All I wanted was to be pain free & to stop food getting stuck in the gaps in my teeth.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's likes this.
    Oh Tina i feel for you, im not a fan of dentists either, had a filling done couple of months ago, and my tooth hasn't been the same since.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Tina - there are a heck of a lot of nerves in your gums and any disturbance is, I am afraid, going to hurt like Hades until they settle down.

The fact that you had no anaesthetic is not the cause of the pain, as that would only have stopped pain during the actual procedures - and once the anaesthetic had worn off you would have felt the resulting pain.

It will ease off, I assure you, but it will not be overnight.

Can you not take something like paracetamol to help ease the pain until it does?

(((hugs)))
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    Hope it eases soon Tina. Toothache - and earache for that matter - can be excruciating.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Can't just take pain killers Malka without seeing a Dr first, because of the medication I taking for my heart, epilepsy, diabetes, arthritis & leukemia.
    I will put some gel on tonight before I go bed & pick some baby's teething gel up from Asda in morning, hopefully it will ease the pain in my gums.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    Good swig of whiskey should do the trick :lol:
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Vee I be out cold not had any alcohol for near on 30 years now, the closest I been to drinking alcohol is Root beer & Ginger beer xx
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's likes this.
    Tina you wouldn't feel any pain then. :lol:
  10. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Nope guess not :) but will have one very bad head in morning :(
  11. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    Bonjela is very good.
  12. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Yes there's a baby's one so will get that x
  13. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    6JRT's likes this.
    Mega sympathy Tina..I had a root canal once I was nearly in tears with the pain,but so glad when it was all done.
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Sorry you're in pain Tina. Hope you feel better tomorrow.
  15. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    6JRT's likes this.
    You had all that done without ANY anesthetic ............. no wonder you are in pain !
  16. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC likes this.
    Gums not hurting as much today, but still bought some baby's teething gel, had a good night sleep, am also managing solid foods as well now, well I got 3 bites out of a carrot until a certain dog called K9 came up & kiss me then ran off with my carrot & sat munching on it, while watching me fetch another carrot then the little sod grabbed that one just before I bit into it. :mad:
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    @Jackie yes think the pain will always win over from having a needle in me gum.
    Gums still slightly swollen where the bridging work was done, but not as bad as yesterday x
  18. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    6JRT's likes this.
    I'm impressed , having root canal treatment without anaesthetic is to be admired.....removing the nerve would have had me going through the ceiling .
  19. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's likes this.
    They would have carried me out on a stretcher :lol:
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    The plate hurt the most as the dentist was evil he jammed it down between the bridge work & then next to the root canal, & tighten the screws up so it was clamped right down.
    But I won't need anymore dentist work for at 10 more years fingers cross, now all I got to do is face Dracula in blood clinic, as I got around 16 sheets of requests for blood test, so will have to book bed in day ward, they have to give me sedation in tablet form, before taking any blood.
  21. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    6JRT's likes this.
    All that without an anaesthetic? You must be one tough cookie Tina! :lol:

Hope you feel better soon :)