Opinions please General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by Carole, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole

Opinions please

I need some honest opinions on Star. Over the summer she was pinching some of Finn's food and put on a few to many pounds. She has been on a diet for 2 months now and the weight is coming off.

The thing is, if you can see any of Star's ribs her hip bones show. You can feel them just under her skin and also feel her spine at the moment.

How much more weight do you think she needs to lose ?

[img-big]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/carole.d/DSC00303.jpg[/img-big]
    [img-big]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/carole.d/DSC00302.jpg[/img-big]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    from the front

[​IMG]
  4. Russ

Russ New Member

Name:
    Russ
    Hi Calore,
    It's tough to tell from pics but i'll go out on a limb and say a few more lbs.
    imo i like them really trim, not to everyones taste but how i like em'
    Here's Busta fully fit
    [​IMG]
  5. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    thanks Russ :) I thought as much.

Somewhere in between Busta and the way she is now would be ideal for me.
  6. Russ

Russ New Member

Name:
    Russ
    maybe just 1 or 2 more lbs should do it then, end of the day it's what suits you and her. everyone has there own ideals :grin:
    I'd still be happy with Star as she is, she's not overweight :grin:
  7. Fred

Fred New Member

Name:
    fred
    sorry i can`t say about the wieght but she looks really good to me ( people used to say to me my dog was skinny ) better that way than over fed and fat ;-)
  8. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    the vet is always saying that to me too Fred :)
  9. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    Well Carole she looks excellent to me. I took Saffy to the vets last June saying I thought she was overweight and the vet said it was all muscle. I still think Saffy is overweight though, but she doesnt eat more than Max.
  10. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    caz she looks fine to me.
    how much does she weigh? the vet always said about 25 kg no more than 30 to us. ben was 37 when we lost him but he was a 11 year old castrated male.
    i wouldn't want her to be to thin, as long as you can feel her ribs when you stroke her shes ok.
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Carole she looks fine to me!.......... I was told that you should just be able to see and feel her ribs, but not her hip bones!.......... look at her from behind in a straight line.......... if you can see a "waist", between her rib cage and her hips , then she is a good weight......... if she looks the same width all the way down then she may need to loose a few punds...........but I have to say she looks in tip top condition to me...........
  12. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    She is about 28kg but she is also 24inches tall, which is quite tall for a bitch.

I can see her waist too :) I think I have been looking at skinny Finn for too long and comparing them :?
  13. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    @ 24 " she not far of a lads size so she will be a big girl 28 isn't bad, finn is a big lad but still young wait till hes bulked up.
    if shes fit and happy i would leave her at what she is they gain as they get older so sort it out then if needed.
  14. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Bandit is 27 kg and he is just 24 ins ......Millie is 24kg and she is only just 21ins......... and I think both of mine are about the right wieght..........if this helps!
  15. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    I found this from the boxer breed council site

Star comes in at 61.6lbs :)
  16. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    so shes fine and taller than the 22 anyway.
  17. Fred

Fred New Member

Name:
    fred
    Carole you just had me digging the vet papers out from my dog to look at the weight and size but i couldn`t find anything and if you say she should be that weight for that size then she is fine isn`t she :roll:
  18. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    I think she is in the ideal range Fred but I have this fear of letting her get overweight and I think looking at her next to Finn she seems a lot heavier than she really is :?

Hopefully her weight will settle down again now that she is back on Burns and Finn is no longer on the puppy food that she loved to steal :lol:
  19. Fred

Fred New Member

Name:
    fred
    proberly differnt food for yours i used to feed royal canin selection 7 it was good for her never hat problem with her wieght as i said they all said she is thin :roll: :lol:
  20. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
    She looks fine Carole :) You should be able to feel the ribs, not see them apart from the last one or two. A dog needs some reserves of body fat in case of illness. Also, with winter coming on they tend to lose a bit of weight keeping warm. Hannah is 25+ inches & weighs around 30kg.

What is that bump on Star's left side?
  21. Fred

Fred New Member

Name:
    fred
    i saw that as well ? :roll: