My rescue dog, GSD cross? (pics) Questions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by BigV, Jan 27, 2009.

1. BigV

BigV New Member

Name:
    Ben

My rescue dog, GSD cross? (pics)

Hi all, this is my first post and I just wanted to show off my new rescue dog.

Her name is Rose & she is 6 to 7 months old, She came from the dogs trust and we believe she is a German shepherd cross breed, but what is she crossed with? Any guesses please?

Everyone we meet out on walks keeps commenting on how massive she is going to be fully grown, and she is already taller than my collie cross. *gulp* :?

Someone today said she looked like a Labrador! (don't agree myself!), others reckon she has a bit of mastiff/molosser type in her, another said she might be an Anatolian shepherd mix, but that breed is so rare here in the UK that is unlikey........ any guesses please? :)

She has gained 2KGs in the last 2 weeks, but she is still quite a skinny but healthy weight.

Poor quality pics, sorry!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    welcome to the forum x

she's lovley, I can see the gsd in her, but not sure what else, lovely girl though x
  4. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    aaaww she is lovely, maybe a bit of bull breed somewhere but no idea what ...
  5. dori-katie

dori-katie New Member

Name:
    Sarah-Jane Ruthwell
    She is beautiful. not sure what she is crossed with though, the shepherd gene is strong :grin:
  6. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Welcome to Dogsey, she is lovely and looks like she has settled in well :)
  7. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Awww she's a really pretty dog whatever she's crossed with, but I can't really tell. Well done for taking the rescue route and giving such a lovely doglet a forever home though, she's really sweet.
  8. BigV

BigV New Member

Name:
    Ben

She really is lovely....... house trained and very bright.... she will do anything for a food treat!
  9. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni
    Maybe she is pure GSD but just with floppy ears? Stranger things can happen.
  10. chaosjoey

chaosjoey New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    She is gorgeous! :007:
  11. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    She a stunner!:grin:
    I see GSD X Bullmastiff believe it ot not!:grin:
  12. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
    Hi, she is lovely :mrgreen: . The shepherd gene is definitely there. She could just be gsd but still have soft ears - she is still young :001:
  13. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I can`t see Molosser. A GSD crossed with a lighter, taller, smooth-coated breed - Dane x? Vizla x?
    Lovely dog anyway.
  14. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S
    She is lovely can definitely see the GSD, not sure what else though, maybe she is a GSD with soft ears? or just has a dash of something else.:mrgreen: Whatever she is, she's lovely xxx