My Husky/Kangal Mix Biggest Hate General Chat

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by DDoglover, Apr 10, 2011.

1. DDoglover

DDoglover New Member

Name:
    DDoglover

My Husky/Kangal Mix Biggest Hate

Our Boys biggest hate is blue bottles, they irrate him and annoy him so much he cannot rest until he has hunted it out, then he normally paws at it or noses it (normally makes windows dirty) then after he will leave for us to pick up (excellant fly deterrant) or if he is feeling hungry may hide the evidence and eat it.
    We do try to humanely release the flies outside ourselves but sometimes we are beaten:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    LOL! I had this image of him knowing what colour a "blue" bottle was!! Mine hate flies too.
  4. DDoglover

DDoglover New Member

Name:
    DDoglover
    Yes I know what you mean should have said 'Blue Bottle Flies'! - I find them really annoying as well as my dog, they usually try and land on your food all the time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  5. kita

kita New Member

Name:
    Sue
    My Kangal hated flies, he was really paranoid about them.

I once left him on his own for half an hour - came back to find him lying by the door, desperate to be taken out. Immediately took him out and he had awful 'runs'. Got back in to discover my net curtains ripped and in total shreds!!

Seemingly a fly had appeared and as no one was there to deal with it (kill it) he had got himself really badly worked up to the point of hysteria! :roll: Hard to believe a dog that size could be scared of a fly.

I have two living rooms and he used to lay in the front one - if a fly appeared he used to 'woof' to let us know - if we did not appear immediately and deal with it he used to 'woof' louder or come looking for us!

He also used to pounce on them and eat them when we killed them - well not sure if he used to eat them or they went up his nose, you couldn't see once this massive black muzzle got shoved on top of them!

I don't know if one had at one point landed on his bum, but as soon as he spotted one he used to look at his rear end, he would then proceed to groom the fur round there!

Wonder if it's a breed thing?

Sue
  6. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Kismet the Huskamute hates all buzzy flying things! She chases them and will not rest until they are destroyed. If I see them first, I have to lock her out of the room, but if she sees them before I do the buzzy doesn't stand a chance! She has caught and killed everything from flies to bees, wasps and once even a hornet! Her poor face ballooned like a football from the hornet stings!.. Luckily just a couple of anti-histamines did the trick and she was fine.
  7. DDoglover

DDoglover New Member

Name:
    DDoglover
    Yes may be a breed thing.
    Our Pointer doesn't bat an eyelid with any kind of fly, but flies definitely bother our Kangal Mix and even when the fly has been caught by me or my partner and we show him us releasing it back outside. He still sits there for 5 minutes looking around everywhere making sure its definitely gone.
    Our dog also barks if he can't get to the fly and wants our help in catching it.
  8. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Both my dogs eat flies, no idea how they catch them, as I couldn't catch flying flies, but they seem to have no problem doing so.
  9. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    All of my dogs will catch flies, chew them up a bit then spit them out to ether buzz around in never ending circles or to die quietly and for me to pick up. Yuk!

Zane is terrified of the big garden spiders though!