My dogs seem confused.... General Chat

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by BrendaMarie, May 7, 2010.

1. BrendaMarie

BrendaMarie New Member

Name:
    Brenda

My dogs seem confused....

My Husky will do just about any trick or what ever if we have a treat and is happy to do it over and over. I've herd that Sibs aren't usually like this (most of them any way). I have a BCx (Jessie) and she loves her treats, but if I ask her to something she sometimes does it (something that I know she knows) and some times as soon as I ask she looks at me and the treat and sits pretty as if she's saying "I'll do this instead" and when I repeat what I want her to do she'll start to do it then go lay down in her bed like she can't be bothered and that the treat isn't worth it. I just think that it's a bit backwards, and thought I'd share. Jessie is a BC & Sibe mix, she looks like a pure bred BC at first glance, but sometimes I think she has more Sibe in her then appears lol... Goofy girl :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. akitagirl

akitagirl New Member

Name:
    Lucie
    Heeheehee bless Jessie, she sounds like one of mine, if I ask him to do anything such as lie down or beg (which he CAN do, but not very often does) he looks at me as if to say 'why?' and just gives me his paw instead everytime, if that doesn't work, sighs and walks off! :lol:
  4. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    she sounds like a typical sibe i can give ours commands sometimes they do it for treats other times they may not & just ignore me or walk off to do something else as though bored with me & think yeah right i am fed up with doing that now. lol. This is how they can be. Husky stubborness.
  5. BrendaMarie

BrendaMarie New Member

Name:
    Brenda
    Yes she seems more Husky every day, BC on the out side (looks) and Sibe on the inside (personality)
  6. Steve + Nanook

Steve + Nanook New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Nothing to worry about, its a typical behaviour of both the Sibe and Mal. They are very headstrong dogs and can be very stubborn sometimes. They are not as easy to train as many other dogs, not because of a lack of intellect (they are extremely intelligent), but purely because of their stubborness.