Minature husky?? Questions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by budskipup, Dec 31, 2010.

1. budskipup

budskipup New Member

Name:
    helen thatcher

Minature husky??

I've been told by a fellow dog walker that her friend is buying a husky but not like budski, one of those minature ones.
    Now i know budski is taller and bigger than most huskies we meet but i didn't realize you could buy minature ones.
    Is this right or is someone just selling the runt of the litter and saying it's a minature husky ( or is it crossed with a corgi!!)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. majuka

majuka New Member

Name:
    Jane
    I've just googled miniature Siberian Husky - I've only looked quickly. I wondered if this lady was being sold a crossbreed or a runt but several sites say that they exist although they have not yet been recognised as a separate breed... I don't understand genetics enough but people can alter most things if they try hard enough I guess...
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Klee Kai maybe ?
  5. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Klee Klai - newish designer breed are claimed to be mini huskies - some are not that mini though - they clearly don't breed true so they come in 3 sizes.

From the ones I have seen they are not easy dogs - very noisy and 3 I met have been very snappy - but this may of course be down to the type of owner who wants such a dog ...
  6. budskipup

budskipup New Member

Name:
    helen thatcher
    thanks, i thought it was very odd , but she insisted there were minature ones so i suppose someone's breeding them .
    If only they started breeding the no mount variety, now that I'd be very interested in
  7. budskipup

budskipup New Member

Name:
    helen thatcher
    just googled klee klai and they are average shedders brill that's me sorted !!!
  8. majuka

majuka New Member

Name:
    Jane
    The sites that I briefly looked at say it is a different breed - a 'rare breed'. I wonder how much the pups sell for...
  9. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hmmmm do you believe everything u read? its a spitz type it aint gonna be an average shedder :?
  10. budskipup

budskipup New Member

Name:
    helen thatcher
    no I don't , I was joking , on the sites I looked at, some dogs looked like a cross between a huskie type and a chi , they look as if they are a money making venture to me ( i maybe wrong ).
    I only asked as the woman I spoke to seemed so positive of her facts I was curious so came here to see if anyone knew about them
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
  11. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    phew! lol :)

i was worried a fellow sibe person could think that lol.....aye do look like chi crosses eh? :)
  12. KateM

KateM New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Ah now, be fair, spitz of any sort are average shedders, on average they shed some hair every day, twice a year they just shed a heck of a lot more.....
  13. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    :043: :043: