Marbleton boxers General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by dollyknockers, Feb 18, 2007.

1. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a

Marbleton boxers

hi not sure if this is in the write place , ive read a couple of books on marbleton boxers and i know they are english lines and the kennels where started up by john and mary hambleton .i just wondered if any one here has any more information on these lines or even owns a boxer with these blood lines purely out of interest . thanx for any replies in advance :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    I know they are a very famous name in boxers but that's about it I'm afraid - there are lots of boxer owners on Dogsey who will I'm sure be able to help:grin:
  4. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    yeah i think our oldies had some in their lines.
    just looked i got the wrong name...........both of ours was from the following:
    faerdorn,tygarth,ackendene,gremlin,seefield,tarpen, bailiga,kingbench,cherry burton, if any of them rings any bells.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007
  5. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    thanx guys i just found the books really interessting hope some one will know more and have a lot of info for me
  6. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I think they moved into pugs.
    Becky
  7. Kath

Kath Sadly Missed

Can't help much but I can remember Mary in ring with Marbleton Desperate Dan many years ago. I think they had a problem with a 'bought in' dog with an heriditary problem and they immediately informed everyone about it, and the dog was retired from stud. - They also had another breed I think, but I connot remember what it is. Oh, and they live near to Liverpool. Hope that is of some interest. Kath
  8. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    I remember Mary wrote a book think it was entitled "You too can have a Champion".
  9. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    yes its an exellent book i read it a while ago thanx for all your kind replies
  10. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    They are still showing boxers and have some nice boxers in the ring at present. If you do a search you should find their website :)
  11. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    I remember Mrs Thornley(Cherryburton) who lived locally, she had lovely dogs, she actually died whilst showing one:cry:
  12. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    we own a lovely marbelton girl,her mother is marbelton spanish silk ,and her dad jigsaw boy at marbelton,most of our breeding is on marbelton lines,along with walkon lines,and some tirkane,and marbleton desprate dan lines,i must look them up for you dolly,wev lomali in there as well,they all nice heads dolly,
  13. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    thankyou zoey beau my little pup as you know is part marbleton and i would love to learn more ,you know me always thirsty for knowledge on boxers :grin:
  14. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    the book is called wish i had a champion and most of her dogs are kept outside,and they all in lovely condition,she breeds pugs as well ,my other halfs second favorite breed,
  15. Kath

Kath Sadly Missed

From Crufts Catalogue 1973 ( I've still got it cos my dobe bitch got the Res CC that year)

Pat Heath - Seefield Baliff
    Ch Seefield Art Master
    Seefield Prancing Pony
    Seefield Dark 'N Delicious
    Thornley - Cherryburton Tiger Pete
    Cherryburton Gay Gallard
    Cherry burton Tiger lily

Cartwright - Tyegarth Beefeater
    Fairbrother - Gremlin Sunarise
    Gremlin Mere Magic
    Hambleton - Ch. Marbleton Desperate Dan
    Marbleton Keyhole Kate
    Glover - Ackendene Flirtybird
    Ch Ackendene Precious Bane
    Harvey Faerdorn Free Love (breeder Harvey)
    Burton Tarpen Barbarella ( breeder Gwatkin)

If you want the sire and dam of any of the above let me know

Kath.
  16. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    got a few others that were champs in the 5th gen on ours from the same kennels.
    pete was in bensons line.
  17. Kath

Kath Sadly Missed

If you haven't already got it -

Cherryburton Tiger Pete. d.o.b. 15 May l969.

Sire Cherryburton Peto Myrlin - Dam Cherryburton Velvet Ribbon. Kath
  18. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    thankyou so much kath my little ones lines have marbleton in them ,her father has marbleton breeding . marbleton ozone friendly , marbleton clean sweep , toyboy at marbleton ,marbleton burley chasis,bonheur of marbleton . her others range frm storman norman janos de lorimo of lympine ,workiben, lomali ,tirkane., elnathan,fairyhouse ruby tiger donnymoor, mine wood, wildax, jenroy,seefield. and quite a few others frm both parents i find it all fascinating to be honest there is a few i cant even pronunce or properly spell .
  19. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    I had a dog by Ch Marbleton Dressed to Kill in the mid 80s. He sired a litter of pups from which one bitch went back to a Marbleton dog. The Hambleton's had a pup from that litter Hob Nob with Marbleton who was shown a bit then exported abroad to Italy I think. Often wonder if my tel's bloodline is still going he was Socotra's Royal Male out of Ch Socotra's Royal Game.

This has brought back soooooo many memories:grin:
  20. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    thankyou cava14una dressed to kill was a smashing looking dog , i love learning all about different bloodlines and there achievments :grin:
  21. kathy

kathy New Member

Name:
    Kathleen
    Mary and John started the Marbelton kennels but Marys mother bred boxers before her under the affix Norrisfast.She is also a successful pug owner/breeder. She is one of the founder members of the West Lancs Boxer Training Club and regularly attends the training classes there. She attends most of the Champ shows and would always be delighted to discuss her lovely boxers.